Site blocks

• Thread starter Thread starter Bluerebelz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 11,597
ISP
Alliance
Hi, new to the forum due to a problem. Using Alliance for past 4 months w/o any hassle. But from today noticing that several sports streaming sites are blocked & many of those even worked in the morning but not since. Looks to be blocked at ISP level. Anyone facing similar situation? Any way to know which sites Alliance block at ISP level? Thanks in advance.

p.s: Frequent sites like cricfree.tv & the.sx domains, homerun.re are not accessible right now.

file a rti request with the dot 😀

file a rti request with the dot 😀

I wish!

Was working all fine throughout the morning, usually watch all football & other games through it. Logged out & started in the evening & the sites are just stopping with blank white page. BSNL used to block so changed to Alliance. Thinking of ringing up them soon after the festivities. Any other idea of how to check?

another blocked site is pdf2jpg.net
no idea why a simple pdf to jpg conversion site would be blocked!

another blocked site is pdf2jpg.net
no idea why a simple pdf to jpg conversion site would be blocked!

They have blocked almost every filesharing sites, streaming sites, pic upload sites. Not to mention the sports stream ones I use too much. Worst is every time I find a new source they block it in next few days like theyre monitoring my browser history. No idea if its normal or not but can't get their customer care as yet. Waiting for the day when they block Hotstar & Tensports official sites as both stream games regularly.

My nephew have Siti cable & he can access all of those on a plan of 450/ INR while I'm stuck! D/L speed increased on mine to 1.5 Mbps(circa 170kbps all day & 460 at night) but if they keep blocking like this I'm changing ISP.

Tried to use one free VPN service but the page says can't find server after login. Clearly someones or some firewall at the ISP end is blocking access?

Quite certain now Alliance/whoever the authority is, is keeping tracks on user's session logs & details of what sites they surf & stuff like that. New sites with any streaming links are blocked inside next few hours on same day. Even some legal ones are blocked. Not much protection re user privacy.

Its like having home internet via a school or office network where I have to pay. Asked the CC yesterday & they say Govt directive to block everything. Can't even use a free VPN service like Zenmate now as it's not allowing to go to the log on page after add on installation. Told them not renewing next month.

If alternatives are bad, just pay for a good VPN. The way things are, that is becoming mandatory for serious Internet users in the country.

Had Sify for couple of months but then local cable again shifted back to alliance. Currently they still have lots of blocks but sometimes it gets bypassed if I refresh the page several times. So a sort of compromise. A site I use for IPL games, homerun.re, shows blocked message one time & gets unblocked after fair few F5's.
Mostly use chrome now to bypass that problem with couple of addon VPN like features..

@bluereblez

Thanks.Took Alliance as back up for my Airtel which is going through a rough phase.

Interesting that from this morning notice some of the site blocks are not active. At least for the sport stream sites I used before & some of them are working for now, esp the blank pages which were coming as your requested url is blocked as per gov rule. They blocked some torrent sites but those are opening now.

Update: Back to old stage. Must have been some old glitch during connection. Lots of filesharing sites worked that were previously blocked but after logout & next connection same blocks came back

Last edited:
Lol for some reason churchstreetfirst.com is blocked on Airtel Backbone due to government restrictions. I don't understand on what basis they block it