Apple iPhone

^ Already posted above 😀

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Mq-UTP9YU_Q&feature=player_embedded

----------

What Happens If You Tell Siri "I Love You"?
Siri: "I hope you don't say that to those other mobile phones." for real, Siri really does say that..

Apple say that it requires the A5 processor that is on 4S and not on 4.

But Apple iPad 2 has 4S and still Apple is not delivering Siri on it.

Simple reason... Apple would offer Siri on iPad 3 and people would be tempted to replace their iPad 2 with iPad 3.

This is the primary difference between Google and Apple. Google does not block core features of Android based on devices. I can see some exceptions though... Google Wallet is currently restricted to Google Nexus 4G on Sprint... Google Talk video chat is I believe restricted on some devices as well. But overall, they do a pretty good job with Android updates. The problem is of course the manufacturers who do not update their own devices with newer releases of Android fast enough.

I guess google wallet need some kind of chip to be present in handsets.. and tht chip is available only on nexus .. isn't it?Don't think they have restricted it .. but the other handsets don't have tht chip so google wallet is of no use to them ..

Google Nexus S has the NFC chip. But they are 'currently' restricting Google Wallet to the Sprint version which is also 4G capable. I guess since Wallet is currently largely an experiment and also that Sprint is a partner on this project. Once they have gone through the initial testing, Wallet should be available to any NFC capable Android device and perhaps other platforms too considering it is simply an app and not a hardware feature (except for the NFC part).

Till the time more apps start using tht NFC chip I don't think many handsets will integrate it ..Btw siri is not exclusive to 4s as yet .. Since it is still in beta stage so we don't know whether they will add tht to ipad 2 as yet or not ..Once the final version is out then we can expect to see it in ipad2 for sure ..

a lot of apps already use NFC but they are not very popular because very few android devices comes with NFC. even the newer htc and samsung devices ignore nfc because there are few uses for it. google would have done good by at least making nfc a mandatory requirement for android 2.3 and above for at least their partners. but they have never forced any specific hardware requirement with android and that sucks. at least google wallet would entice more manufacturers to include the nfc hardware in their models for the US market... as for siri, Apple has confirmed in a statement that siri is exclusive to iPhone 4S and is not coming to iPad 2. they have no reason to bring it to iPad 2 when the launch of iPad 3 is like what? 3-4 months away?

would be interesting especially based on how many unsold units of iPhone 4 are lying with airtel and aircel. 😛i think they are forced to buy them in large quantities and i do not see them selling the same units at a discounted price if iphone 4S is launched so soon. 😛

"Siri is available in Beta only on iPhone 4S and requires Internet access. Siri may not be available in all languages or in all areas, and features may vary by area. Cellular data charges may apply."

http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/siri.html

S
o, I guess Siri feature on iPad2 is unknown at the moment.

Re your comment "Google does not block core features of Android based on devices":

It's upto OEM to decide whether their device is capable of newest android feature. Yes, there is huge update delay from OEM and often poor update patches. I don't know IF google certify these updates.

Also note, with exception to nexus devices, I don't know if any 2.5 yr droid phones will support OS 2.3.x/4.0. iOS 5 on 3GS works smoothly.