Simultaeneously opening two accounts

uthfull

Uthfull.org
[OP]
Regulars
Mar 1, 2005
Ive been lik searching on how to open two accounts simultaeneously on sify.
My friend left sify and took reliance but still has his 128k nite unlmtd validity left.

So hes given me the username n password.

Sumone told me that i need two ethernet cards 2 do such a thing.
I hope hes wrong.

Is there any way... cuz ive tried first changing the ip to my friends then logging in2 his account and then quickly changing the ip back to mine n logging in2 my account. But that doesnt help.

A permanent solution wud b helpful...!
If the moderator feels this talk is violating the rules... dont ban me pls... warn me. I wont start such topics nxt time.
N if such talks r barred in the open... can ne1 pls PM me the solution or atleast mail t 2 me @ uthfull@gmail.com

Thx

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
is this illegal? i do not think so! i myself want to bridge two internet connections i have from airtel to form a single stream of bandwidth...

sachin214

Regulars
Feb 16, 2005
sify allows you to open two different accounts (like NU and and data accounts) ,but you cant bridge the two together,your comp.will automatically choose one of the active net.

shouvik

www.clubhost.in
Regulars
Jun 21, 2005
Delhi -NCR
If u have 2 LAN cards, then call customer care and tell them that your MAC address has changed. Hope that will help ya...

popcorn

Apr 10, 2005
Mumbai
I doubt it may work with mac address changing, if your friend is not from the same cto. If he is from your same building and same cto shares a same gateway then it may be possible by the mac theory. Try and let us know if both your connections work simultaneously

popcorn

Apr 10, 2005
Mumbai
I doubt it may work with mac address changing, if your friend is not from the same cto. If he is from your same building and same cto shares a same gateway then it may be possible by the mac theory. Try and let us know if both your connections work simultaneously

uthfull

Uthfull.org
[OP]
Regulars
Mar 1, 2005
what what what... explain it clearly man...! i cudnt get a word.Wat shud i do... i shud call em up n ask them to reset my MAC add. But i hve only one LAN card?? Is it necessary to hve two lan cards?? n even if i get another card.... how do i configure it...? they'll b no wire going in it??God im dumb n confused!!

inetbum

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 30, 2004
You won't be able to use 2 packs from 2 different subscribers simultaneously using 1 LAN card. One LAN card can only have 1 set of network properties like IP address and MAC address at one time and so you can only use one connection on it, at a time.

However if you want to use the packs at different times then it's possible if your friend and you have the same gateway. In this case you would need to change your IP address and MAC address to that of your friend.

How do you change these properties depends on the operating system you use.