Simple Firewall for DataOne Users

Sushubh

Administrator
i do not read mails from irrelevant people.

A

agnivo007

The moderator finds the members of this forum irrelevant people !What a fine day to hear such a declaration ! :lol:

W

ways2gain

Zone Alarm is a tough s/w for newbies. I am relatively conversant with PCs but stil found ZA a toughie to tackle. I dont have arguements to mention but all I say that I just could not set it up and so I quit trying to use it last year.

W

ways2gain

None at all except the one which is built in on XP. WHile all machones with W 98 are having nothing switched on.I think this makes all my comps vulnerable.

A

agnivo007

The ICF of winxp is just a hype, all words-no work thing. Use Outpost free firewall, easy to configure, manage and understand.

Sushubh

Administrator
Originally posted by agnivo007@May 30 2005, 04:02 PM
The moderator finds the members of this forum irrelevant people !
What a fine day to hear such a declaration ! :lol:
[snapback]10578[/snapback]
[/quote]

right. i am not going to beg you to stay. i did not spam your website or mail id to come here. right now i am facing this bad problem of a spammer named gaurav hitting my sites with his airtel page. i do not understand why people think posting same thing 50 times will help them.

power

supersupersuper...
Regulars
Windows 98 is unstable but not unsecure . A unpatched windows xp/2k computer is far more dangerous than a windows 98 .. Windows xp has lsass/rpc/dcom and whole range of vulnerabilities that can give someone control of your pc in not more than 30 seconds !!!!! As of windows98 it has many dos exploits but none of them give u a shell directly ( as far as i know ) compared to xp/2k lsass rpc,dcom vulnerabilities . Its just the way windows NT family is designed keeping many remote administration features and permissions ( which are absent in 98 ) .

And i didnt consider IE in both the cases . Coz unpatched ie is surely getting u in trouble no matter which windows u use :p .

@ Shushubh
right. i am not going to beg you to stay. i did not spam your website or mail id to come here. right now i am facing this bad problem of a spammer named gaurav hitting my sites with his airtel page. i do not understand why people think posting same thing 50 times will help them.[/b]

Well as far as i have seen agnivo007 has helped people on this forums many times regarding bsnl queries and networking stuff which encourages people to be more involved in the forums .. So i dont think it is right to show him way out :p

Sushubh

Administrator
he is definitely helpful :) that is why i do tend to survive many of his insanities... but when he goes overboard... i did some insane things. the point is... u gotta ignore the moderator and concentrate on fruitful discussions. :)

W

ways2gain

Can I have the link again for Outpost ? Also which Firewall should I finally install - Outpost or the Personal Firewall of Sygate which you reco few days back.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sushubh Apps 0
I Technology 0
IBF Technology 1
Sushubh Apps 0
IBF Movies 21