• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 5,876
Status
Not open for further replies.

spandit

ISP
MTNL
I have just signed up for Airtel IPTV combo plan. Seeking inputs on the quality of picture,Sound,Broadband speeds/service levels. Any inputs / views would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have been using IPTV for about 6 months now.

In a nutshell, IPTV gives you Time Shift feature. It will be more expensive to get this feature in DTH mode.

Also, one gets all sports/premium channels in one single package. there are NO different ESPN, neo, star package, ndtv imagine. All channels come under one single package. It is cheaper.

downside is that the electronic programming guide is inferior compared to DTH counterpart.

Also, there is time lag of a couple of seconds when you change channels.

The picture/sound quality is pretty good BUT not as good as DTH.

Broadband speed does not suffer because of IPTV. I have had no problems.
On the whole, IPTV has proved to be cheaper option for me compared to DTH + Internet service.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a ton for your feedback. Its a pitty if the experience is not the same as DTH. I was given to understand that the sound clarity & picture quality would be better than DTH. But I am sure you have commented after thorough evaluation & experience. So Thanks for your input.

I have been using IPTV for about 6 months now.

In a nutshell, IPTV gives you Time Shift feature. It will be more expensive to get this feature in DTH mode.

Also, one gets all sports/premium channels in one single package. there are NO different ESPN, neo, star package, ndtv imagine. All channels come under one single package. It is cheaper.

downside is that the electronic programming guide is inferior compared to DTH counterpart.

Also, there is time lag of a couple of seconds when you change channels.

The picture/sound quality is pretty good BUT not as good as DTH.

Broadband speed does not suffer because of IPTV. I have had no problems.
On the whole, IPTV has proved to be cheaper option for me compared to DTH + Internet service.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is that the broadband packages for IPTV are far, far inferior to the new packages announced by both Airtel and MTNL. So, you will see that while your friends are spending the same money as you and zipping on fast broadband, you will be stuck on old speeds.The good thing is that you dont have problems of rains affecting DTH and Time Shift is really cool - so it's a tradeoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.