Signal Private Messenger

The problem comes in determining how much time is too much time. For instance, if the effectiveness of the message is 1 week and the scheduled deletion time is 1 month, it will do no good.
While there needs to be a balance between privacy and security, problem comes when law enforcers tilt the balance and start abusing innocent people or some smarties take security in their own hands.

Not sure if this setting is new after the update today coz I just got my first notification of a contact joining out of nowhere.

ChsLcBd.webp

for some reasons the sms i receive on signal are never recovered by other sms apps when i move back to them. lost a bunch of sms this way.

Thanks for that... I had been searching that option as it's literally spamming my homepage in the app.

for some reasons the sms i receive on signal are never recovered by other sms apps when i move back to them. lost a bunch of sms this way.
Yup.. I can confirm that. Maybe signal doesn't want other msg apps to snoop on your msg and leak it through meta.

this is idiotic. and i cannot seem to find any reference to this online.

Not sure if this setting is new after the update today coz I just got my first notification of a contact joining out of nowhere.

ChsLcBd.webp
I also started receiving this message yesterday, though my above mentioned setting was OFF. I toggled it ON and OFF again. After that did not receive any such messages.
I had installed Signal on my Wife's phone, but she was not aware. She got surprised after seeing many notifications about "XYZ is on Signal". She was asking which Signal 🤣

When we use different email addresses for different types of conversations. Even different phone numbers for the same. Why can't we use different messengers to keep work and personal life, separate? I think it's a good idea.

James Franco Flirt GIF

It all depends on what type of people you interact with . Not many want to keep 2 apps separate for Work and Home use. Getting them on a platform which you use is a huge problem. That is why Whatsapp transition is damn slow

I am assuming people use messenger as well. So now they'll have to use three different services. WhatsApp, Signal, Telegram and Messenger.