Signal Lock

• Thread starter Thread starter Sunilreddy84
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 13,504

Sunilreddy84

ISP
RVR
On the top of Signal Strength bar it is Showing "Signal Lock". Do I have to take the STB to Hathway office to unlock? Please advice. My STB signal strength is 65 all the time...

I think it just means, the STB is locked to a perticular set of frequency. You can change it to other frequencies but none of them work.

gopichandpai said:
I think it just means, the STB is locked to a perticular set of frequency. You can change it to other frequencies but none of them work.
Is this the default thing for all the STB's and who can unlock it ?

Yes, I think it is the default thing. It doesn't mean it is locked. It just means it is showing that channels from that frequency.

I know what I means guys, well see STB is of Hathway, and u have a Smart card, well so the smart card is paired with the STB and will not work with any other STB. And the STB with the VC is paired to the Hathway network (Headend/Controlroom). So its locked at all times, and lock mean that it is encrypted, and no other STB can decrypt it. And yes also its locked and connected to a particular frequency.

same kinda "LOCK" L.E.D. is also visible and present all VC Card Based STB Boxes.
If this light is off, you will not be able to watch channels, in my case when OFC is broken somewhere this light goes off and I cannot see anything until
this Lock light comes back on.

Well same here also we have a STB which has two lights, one is the Power LED light and the other as u said is the Signal Light or the Standby use light. Well whenever the signal goes and the no signal message appears the light goes off.
Well ghpk bro which model of Hathway STB u use ??? Can u give me some info about it.