Sify's service plans and the new limits....

• Thread starter Thread starter Suraj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 3,364

Suraj

Regular
ok i just happenned to drop by the service plan webpage for mumbai....

not exactly new limits but it seems they have extended the limits to all unlimited packs....

http://broadband.sify.com/price.php?opt_va...text_val=Mumbai

its mentioned:

For all Unlimited packs, if usage exceeds more than 150 MB in a given day, then there will be a reduction in validity of one day for every 150 MB of extra usage in that day.NOT FOR CYBERCAFE USE.[/b]

now does the night packs also come under that limit??

it was different before that i am sure...

I am not updatin my night plan as such....called sify but they are not sure abt what the website says.

in a given day[/b]

use the pack at night time... they left a stupid loophole 😛

The night packs aren't "Unlimited". They aren't 24x7, they only hold for night.

Yup both night packs dont have ne limit 😛 . 256kps for 8 hours one is very good 🙂

i think the night packs are included.firstly in the package description it says "Night Unlimited". Secondly these packages also fall under their "UNLIMITED RANGE" category.1 more question. "For all Unlimited packs, if usage exceeds more than 150 MB in a given day, then there will be a reduction in validity of one day for every 150 MB of extra usage in that day.NOT FOR CYBERCAFE USE."now lets split this up into 2 sentences.a ) if usage exceeds more than 150 MB in a given dayb ) there will be a reduction in validity of one day for every 150 MB of EXTRA usage in that day. now does this mean 150 + the extra 150 = 300 mb ?

i think the 150+150 MB limit is for unlimited "day" packages(i wish) 😉 and 150 MB limit is for unlimited night only packages. 😀

Actually to arrive at a concrete conclusion we really need to monitor the amount of data we download, and keep an eye on when our packs expire.

Originally posted by COOLVICKS@Mar 31 2005, 09:58 AM
now does this mean 150 + the extra 150 = 300 mb ?
[snapback]7317[/snapback]
[/quote]
They mean if you download morethan 150 one day gets reduced, more than 300 two days get reduced and it continues like that for every 150....
Also ROFL at the part where they didn't know what was on their website.

Man 1 day means 24 hrs get reduced from the 24x7 packs. I don't think Sify will put any such limit on the night pack because it's a downloader's pack. There were no limits on the night pack even when the other packs were facing the 75 MB limit earlier.

Originally posted by inetbum@Apr 1 2005, 05:29 PM
I don't think Sify will put any such limit on the night pack because it's a downloader's pack.
[snapback]7362[/snapback]
[/quote]

So u mean to say that the night only packs are downloader`s packs and 24x7 unlimited packs are just for browsing.Dunno if i have seen such a thing on sifybroadband.com.

I know from experience that there is no download limit on the night packs. Constant speed for all the @#!$ 12 or 10 hours you pay for.