Sify's nighttime bull****

• Thread starter Thread starter kingkrool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 4,322
Originally posted by muttster`@Aug 24 2005, 10:50 PM
Having had sify for 4-5days i've experienced no downtime..
[snapback]23068[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sify is perfect if you dont want to "taste" what internet can do

If you just surf a bit, dont download on a very"normal way" for the time we are living in (means downloading large data) and keep it to that, Sify aint that bad

It are the packages,extreme low speeds and the stinking things which come like a snake such as from unlimited packages, to all kinds of nonsense unlimited packages,with limits after all, and suddenly the removal of unlimited packages and the arrival of these pathetic family packages.... it i did not had a belt on my jeans, my jeans would fall off from sadness of what i see these bimbo's doing

Downtime is, with a bit of help/care of CTO really rare

Its that what they offer that sux like MAD

Ive had broadband (speeds of 180kBps+) for 3-4months..I know what its like and how good it feels to watch streaming video without having to wait 5-6seconds after every 2-3seconds 😛Sify sux at that..infact all indian isps do...the 150mb/limit is a pain..but i cant complain about it after 10pm..till 8 am..i manage around 1 gb..get 32kBps constant.(i use newsgroups..2-3connections from the server..) so sify pulls in full speeds..wish i could get atleast 24/7unlimited like exattnet and hathway!

Originally posted by boygr8@Aug 24 2005, 11:03 PM
Best way to check ur LAN health

ping 10.13.xxx.x -t -l 1472

This sends a bigger packet of 1472 bytes and gives u better info....about LAN health

But dont ping continuously bcoz it puts lots of load on server
[snapback]23072[/snapback]
[/quote]

ping 10.19.240.1 -t -l 1472
done. Whats the ideal time ?? i get 10ms

good....i get 13-14 ms but the point is how many packets get lost......time does not matter much except if its exceptionally high

i just dont understand how come u guys get 30-40KBps on 256kbps at night the max i get is 30KBps & it fluctuates from 27-30KBps . 🙁

Man every night it alternates for me!One night 11kBpsnext two nights 30 kBpslast night was 11 kBpstonight? Well I will find out once I stop surfing and start dlding.I get 6 ms BTW