Sify's glorious moments

• Thread starter Thread starter knak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 77
  • Views Views 13,009
getting 15KBps since sometime. would help me get backup of an important site. 🙂

I never get such highs. sigh :mellow:

No user ever got sucha speed even for 1 minute...let alone 5 minutes 😛Beside that, users dont pay for such speed to only occur for 5 minutes after a year 😛

oh, i have recieved small durations of real high speed connectivity many times in the past. even knak reported it once. its called software glitch.

Yes.. it happened quite a few times, speeds of more then 150kB/s for a long timeWas nice to feel some good speed, something that is worth the moneyGuess they fixed the problem on their side. cuz i never saw it anymore

hmmmmmmm, i wuld hav liked to hav tasted it but i think its the same prob that they r facing as 24 online client. hehe lemme try and see if i can get that wrkin ,lol

Yeah I remember about 6-7 months back...I used to get bursts of speeds every 2-3 mins of around 200 KiloBytes/s (yes Bytes not bits) that translates to around 1.5 MbpsSo effectively on my 64 kbps I wud get on an average around 128 kbps +And b4 that my cablewaalah had his own network and was using 24Online .......and there was one crack....that if u start a download and then lof off the client ur speed wud double,treble,quadruple and u wud get logged off too......so dugna faida....but in later versions of 24Online.....it was disabled

I have been a Sify user for only 1.5 months now and so haven't had the fortune of experiencing any of such good Sify bugs 😛.The only time when I saw my speed climb to 3 or even 4 digits I think was when I had downloaded my Sify client from http:///downloaddialer.php right after the Sify franchisee guys had installed my connection. I didn't even have an account back then 😛.

I don't know whether I'll get the same speed now that I've an account even if i am not logged in 😛. At that time I was having some problems installing the Sify client so I downloaded it again and again for some 4-5 times and got to observe the speed 🙂 I think it's maybe because the SAM server doesn't come within the usual internet space. It's a part of a specific WAN maybe, like maybe a city-wide or a state-wide WAN. Also if we aren't logged in the bandwidth limits that apply to our specific packages don't come into play yet. So it's just the raw power of the Sify network infrastructure which I was enjoying I guess B)

Also if we aren't logged in the bandwidth limits that apply to our specific packages don't come into play yet.[/b]

Exactly!!! I was wondering why we got low speeds from our SAM server after logging in, and this sort of explains things, thanks 🙂

Infact all our internet traffic p@$$es through our respective SAM servers only 😉. The SAM server appears to be a proxy server with user bandwidth management capabilities along with being an authentication server. So probably we even get our external IPs @$$igned by the SAM server 🙂