• Thread starter Thread starter inetbum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,769

inetbum

Regulars
ISP
MTNL TriBand Combo Unlimited
Here's another thing with Sify.I have observed that whenever I'm downloading something, I'm not able to do anything else like browsing webpages or log onto a chat room.Seems Sify is so stingy with its bandwidth that it doesn't like to scale up our bandwidth usage by even tiny bits for short periods of times required for browsing and chatting, when we are already downloading at the maximum bandwidth allocated to us (either full or halved by crossing the 75 MB limit).This I have to say wasn't the case with dial-up. Atleast the bandwidth was adpatable to the extent to allow simple browsing alongwith downloading on dial-up.

if ur using entire(all aloted) bandwidth for download.surely browsing speed will come down.bcz now a days normal browsing or even login's require 2kb bandwidth

Yes, it will come down but I think with Sify it becomes too painfully slow, not good enough to do anything at all except download, even if your spped hasn't been halved from normal. This wasn't the case with dial-up.Anyway, a workaround for it which just came to my mind could be limiting the download rate, if that option is available in the download manager, so that sufficient bandwidth remains if we want to do other online activities 🙂 So issue resolved hopefully hehe.

Yeah flashget rocks 😀 though most download accelerators have that feature .