Sify's 64kbps Unlimited Pack

• Thread starter Thread starter Ryan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 6,365
was it something u're downloading for the first time or u tried downloading it earlier as well???may be it just picked up from the temp folder and started resuming... 😛just a thought... 🙂

nope it won't work that way as he said his speed slowed down in front of his eyes

It was a totally fresh download 🙂. But the speed didn't sustain at all and immediately started climbing down, but gradually. The initial burst let me download 6 MBs of data in 10 seconds which takes me 10 minutes normally. If I had that speed always I'd download 1 song in 10 secs 😛

Wait a minute! coolbuddy you are right 😛. I had tried downloading it before(found it mentioned in the list of downloaded items) and stopped it midway so it transferred the already saved part from one place on the disk to the other the second time around and showed me that speed as 8 mbps LOL. This on the firefox browser's inbuilt download manager. Quirky thing.Today I tried downloading the exact same file again because yesterday only a part of it was saved due to my HDD running out of space :blink:. And because 50 MB was already saved, today it showed 50 MB downloaded in 3 seconds before I could blink and the speed as 4000 kBps or 32 mbps :lol:

Quick question, since they have *officially* stopped the unlimited packages, is it unlimited at night? If so, during what hours? I've all ready downloaded lots.

Can I trust sify that they will not cut off a day if I do that? I really don't want to trust them since they never keep to their word. Airtel is just outside the roadside and within a month they'll be in, so in the meantime, I want to get what I can.

Yes, Trust me! I have been downloading more than 300 MB in a single night (between 10 pm to 8 am) since the past 1 month and my validity has not been deducted till now.

they've changed their policies recently...so now u can do "unlimited" download between 10 pm to 8 am...but yes do remember to reconnect at 10 pm and 8 am...else it'll eat up ur quota 😛

I have taken the 256 NU pack at 545 and I download minimum a GB every night, and upload quite a lot too so my Account Details page shows 1.5-1.8 GB daily 😛

that's cool man...means, they're giving u constant speeds now...that's good to know 🙂but then, i believe, even if u get the complete 32 kBps the whole 10 hrs, u'll get around 1.10 GB...isn't it??? :huh:hope my calculations are correct...

yeah its 1.15 GB . Sify also has a plan of 1 GB valid for 1 month. " 1GB Limited 1 Month 256 kbps Renewal Pack "256 kbpsValid for 1 monthList Price : Rs. 550.00 Now why will a smart person ever buy that pack when every day he can download 1.15 GB!!1.15 GB*30 days = 34.5 GB in a month for just Rs. 545.That means you also save Rs. 5 and also get 33.35 GB extra!!If i was CEO of sify I would have scraped the Data Transfer Range & Hourly Range of products as they are just to fool innocent people.

I have heard people go for the hourly packs, paying Rs. 200 for 10 hours, and exclaiming "how expensive!" when you say that you use internet at Rs. 600 per month :-|. The word unlimited doesn't register with them because they don't think the internet is worth using that much.