• Thread starter Thread starter inetbum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 4,248

inetbum

Regulars
ISP
MTNL TriBand Combo Unlimited
Sify either is so piss-poor managed that they don't bother to clearly state what limits are imposed on their customers i.e. state it clearly on their website and on their "Terms of Agreement" document.Or Sify deliberately chooses to be confusing in these matters so that if a customer sues them only they will know what their exact policy is while the customer will stare wide eyed.Here's what has happened to me. Yesterday night I decided to carry out an online scan. For that I downloaded the little anti virus .cab file and while it scanned on I stayed logged in to Sify. Mind you, no data transfer took place across the internet at all during the night. The net worked fine today in the morning and I was online really a lot, just playing a multiplayer game and chatting etc. In the afternoon suddenly Sify apparently decides that I am online for too long and decides to har@$$ me. When I log out once it doesn't log me out. I have to kill the Client from the Task Manager. Then when I run the client again, no log in screen comes up while the client is shown as running in the Task Manager. I click on the "Troubleshoot" program provided with the Sify Client and it shows connections attempts to the local ip, gateway and SAM server as failed. Pings to local ip work but not to the gateway and the SAM server .So I call up Customer Care, they listen to me, tell me they will solve it with the local guys and give me a complaint number. About 5 minutes later I am back online. In the evening however, I move away from the PC staying logged on, for about half an hour, without any data transfer going on, and 5 minutes into my return those idiots at the local gateway or somewhere again decide to punish me.wtf is all this about I am wondering. If you don't like me staying logged on for so long without even using the net, or don't like me using the net for so long at all, then make it clear to me? What kind of ad-hoc, whimsical approach is this to har@$$ the customer. Has Sify delegated authority to the local gateway Administrator to decide on how much usage is too much?Looks like the customer care, CTOs and BAs don't have a clue as to what Sify's usage policy is. Maybe Sify says something (if it is so merciful as to even say it ) and does something else. Dammit, if I don't even know clearly how much am I allowed to use the net, what right does Sify have to har@$$ me?!This is not the first time this has happened to me. The last time this happened, they kept me out of the Gateway for half an hour and then let me in. Let's see what happens today. And so I think the way my service came back so quickl in the afternoon after calling up the Customer Care wasn't any of the Customer Care's doing.This s*cks!

😱 i think you are mistaken.. this really seems to be a genuine problem and we've got no way to make sure that the sify guys have locked you out.. i know sify broadband has had it's share of problems but really this seems a bit far fetched.. i would attribute the client not logging you out to some reall poor coding.. not to some evil corporate dude locking you out because your usage exceeds a certain limit.. 😉

i don't find any explicit in his post 😛 i have filtered most words, none of them were applied in that post. 🙂

forget it.. continuing where i left .. don't you think that it is a bit unfair that we blame sify for every damn thing?? 😛inetbum, you sound upset.. grab a damn beer or something man..@sushubh - i edited my earlier post.. didn't want to get the discussion off topic

well as someone suggested that my extremely slow speeds (on shared packages) were due to my starting a forum and blog against them... i found that a bit too much to digest. same thing with this post.the problems are mostly due to badly configured servers and worsely designed software. i am yet to meet someone who found the linux sify software any better. bhinder u would have an idea. hows the sify's linux client?

ha.. what linux client??!! roflmao.. still haven't got it to work.. downloaded another client from somewhere off the net.. don't remember where exactly from.. and it's a bit more workable.. Sify must have hired a bunch of chimps to do the coding for them :lol: i wish they would restart the web login.. that worked so perfectl for me.. i very nearly cried the day these bunch of f**k@$$ retards made me switch to using the client..and while i am ranting... abt the other client. (you know the one i am talking abt.. the modified one) all that's different for me with using that is a graish interface.. the rest is the same..

heh, i never asked for it... google prohibits it. and indian clicks help little 😉 just spread the word about sify. that is a good enough reward. 😀

yeah.. what i meant was that i will click on the links that i find interesting.. and i would spread the word abt the forum but i don't know any other user of sify broadband

Well, I was back online again after about 20 minutes 😕.It's really weird, the way trouble with me happens when I am downloading throughout the night or even just logged on throughout the night.Maybe I am just paranoid 🙂. Sorry about the rant that I posted in my first post. I thought rants were allowed here 😛 I have read some posts which though not as long as mine, do use the choicest of words for Sify LOL.Maybe the next time I am pissed off with Sify and feel like ranting I will blog it on some weblog site 😛

By the way one of the most annoying things for me about the Sify client that used to even confuse me initially is that when a connection with the server is not made, the client doesn't say anything to this effect, but simply settles down as a program showing itself in the Task Manager from where I have to End it.

🙂 no it's ok we all need to rant sometimes.. scroll a few posts up and you'll find me doing it 😛 now you're making more sense.. the client s*ckS!! with a capital S.. when i'm done with my exams theen i'll try to reengineer a new one 🙂

rant rant rant 🙂 i have filters in place to replace words with symbols 😛 i do that all the time 😉