sify server down in delhi from 18th to 21st june

• Thread starter Thread starter Mahesh1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 4,564

Mahesh1

ISP
Airtel 128kbps unlimited
The sam server has been shut down after 3A.M for the last 5 days or so. And on the 20 and 21st i got bb101 error at about 2am , the problem was resolved only the next day in the afternoon. Did anyone else from DELHI face this problem?

If it was shut down only after 3 AM and brought back by morning, I wouldn't know, but I didn't face a complete downtime.Which SAM server do you use?

My SAM server which is 210.18.11.5 is down right now at 7:21 PM and it's been 2 hours since I turned on my computer and started to check.Wouldn't know about the downtimes at 3 AM in the last 5 days M since I wasn't awake. But I used to be awake a month or 2 back at 3 AM and the SAM server used to go down regularly at around 3 AM for about a week.

I think its intentional. Its done to thwart the 10 to 8 unlimited download rule.

Well my power has been failing contnously for 2-3 days in the nightso i have been able to download nothing at night these daysother wise also mostly my cto is down even is power is there

The #@#$%% SAM server is not up yet!! Down for 4 hours now as per my observation and god alone knows how much more. And the local gateway went down too just now! Arrgh!! The Sify network is a broken-down, barely holding together piece of crap :angry: :angry:. Reminds me of DESU (Delhi Electric Supply Undertaking) who were remowned for their excellent electricity distribution network in Delhi. No I don't think it's done to thwart people from downloading because there was no 10-8 AM limit 2 months ago. It's just that Sify employs absolute morons that think it's nice to maintain the SAM server at night when most people are asleep because they are too illiterate to know that Sify has dedicated night-packs or they don't care and they don't lose their jobs because Sify doesn't care!

They had this problem in Pune too..actually they were upgrading their frewalls, and so would switch off the gateway or something....fixed it after 5 days of complaints..

Originally posted by inetbum@Jun 22 2005, 09:44 PM
No I don't think it's done to thwart people from downloading because there was no 10-8 AM limit 2 months ago. It's just that Sify employs absolute morons that think it's nice to maintain the SAM server at night when most people are asleep because they are too illiterate to know that Sify has dedicated night-packs or they don't care and they don't lose their jobs because Sify doesn't care!
[snapback]13485[/snapback]
[/quote]

I agree, most of the maintanance work is done at night.
"All I wanna say is that they don't really care about US" 😛

Originally posted by GAURAV7777@Jun 22 2005, 09:40 PM
Well my power has been failing contnously for 2-3 days in the night
[snapback]13484[/snapback]
[/quote]

Where do you live again? if in delhi, then where in delhi?

Turns out the base-station to which I am connected was down last evening and CC said it could be fixed today morning only. It's fixed now.

was it still down till today (thursday) morning...coz i tried to connect Sify and cudn't get through...and in troubleshooting it said the connection till the CTO was fine...so any idea??? 🤔

Depends on whether you're connected to the same base-station as me 🙂! Sify uses these wireless base-stations like cell phone towers(which are also called base-stations technically) to serve particular areas. Delhi must be having more than 1 base-station.Oh and I didn't check the connection in the morning. I checked it only in the evening 🙂

Sify outright sucks man!I generally have a complaint a day....I literally know chennai CSRs by name now and they know me 🙁 What a way to socialize!!!I really pity those guys because they have to get it from me literally every day and there is not a f**k'n thing they can do because of their stupid technical team.I tell them everytime to put it in the ticket that tech team should be fired. I hope they do!The frustrating part is that when the network is just cruising along, these f**k'n b**t**ds have to do their maintenance....no announcement, no freaking notice....why? Because they woke up at that time!Well...another couple of month with these morons and then I am out. Back to my wonderful world of 3mbps connection!Q(dream'n and happy)