• Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 5,485
heh

Originally posted by Tushar@Aug 1 2005, 12:06 AM
/me thinks Sify has bought all of you'll
/me runs for shelter, "Saveee Meeee!!!"
[snapback]19327[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hmm... Actually, the problems are due to the CTOs. If (by god's grace!) u get a good CTO (like mine!!!) then u get good speeds and uptime from sify! I guess the total downtime i get in a month is about 5-6 hrs (really! n im not bought by sify! 😛 ).

Only one problem. The 64 kbps connection they have started is C R A P. The 48 kbps conn is the only reason why i took sify. Somehow i managed to get the 48 kbps conn from my CTO (god bless him!). But if i dont get it next month, im leaving sify.

The 150 MB linit is no big deal since u can hardly go above it in one day. And for those very heavy users, 10 PM to 8 AM is unlimited. So overall i would say im satisfied, except for their STUPID 64 kbps conn.

sify is good because it is cheaper.[/b]

If by cheaper you mean the entry cost then I don't know about the situation right now but even 3 months back Sify was charging members Rs. 3000 to simply put up a Cat5 cable to your home. How does that make Sify any cheaper than other ISPs which don't charge as much?

MTNL triband has lots of stuff which are difficult to manage... that 12 am start the router stuff.[/b]

Even Sify needs one to login again when their unlimited download period starts. That's the same in principle to MTNL's restarting the router. And what's difficult to manage in an ADSL connection unless the user is a complete idiot in which case he wouldn't even have half a clue when Sify starts hiccupping as it very often does, and simply keep on calling CC.

Sify is flexible with using 2 usernames to suit your downloadings.[/b]

Why would a person need 2 usernames and hence 2 different packages if the packages offered by Sify made sense which they don't and hence the need for this!
Plus many CTOs ask for installation fee again for another username which makes the situation same as taking a second connection from another ISP.

Others are very expensive. Just compare the amount of downloads you can do with sify and with other ISP in one day and ofcourse the costs and you shall find out that sify rules the show[/b]

How are other ISP's expensive? Sify imposes a limit of 150 MB on data downloaded during the day which a few days ago applied to day and night (so it borrowed the night unlimited idea from MTNL) while I all the time keep on hearing other ISPs primarily in Mumbai offering total unlimited download 24x7! Whereas Sify gulps up your validity period and hence your money if you cross their limits.

CTO charges and download limits are put recently[/b]

Recently?? I have been seeing these 2 things for 8 months since I took Sify.

In R connect when you disconnect ,phone from data cable ,it automatically logs you off.[/b]

This is not recommended at all.

Q. What happens if I disconnect the data cable in the middle of a call?

A. It is recommended that this should not be done as it may lead to permanent damage to the electronics inside your Reliance IndiaMobile or your computer.
[/b]
-- From the R Connect Dialer FAQ.

Guys!! I have just started this thread because sify is not so bad as we think. If we see all factors sify is very decent ISP. It had problems initially but atleast Sify listens to the complains and tries to solve it. I was a sifyfan initially the day I bought my first pack. I appriciate this and hence suddenly I am again a sifyfan!!.Thanks you. 🙂

Unless sify changes its method of delivery of last mile connectiviy it can never become a decent ISP ,all good companies like airtel ,bsnl and reliance rely only on themself and not on inexperianced CTOs for this purpose,and this is where real investment is needed.

Originally posted by sifyfan@Aug 1 2005, 09:34 PM
Guys!! I have just started this thread because sify is not so bad as we think. If we see all factors sify is very decent ISP. It had problems initially but atleast Sify listens to the complains and tries to solve it.  I was a sifyfan initially the day I bought my first pack. I appriciate this and hence suddenly I am again a sifyfan!!.
Thanks you. 🙂
[snapback]19473[/snapback]
[/quote]Ya rite, explain to me why my connection isn't stable since two months, and why they keep avoiding my complains. Not to mention the so called "last mile connectivity" is provided by Sify itself in my case

And it's not the CTOs only. Sify's servers are rotten too. Just look at their DNS servers. I have to click refresh 3 times or more if it's a big site because Sify stops opening it inbetween or some nonsense happens. Their servers are always buggy.There's nothing good about Sify as any one who knows something about networks and computing will tell you. Sify doesn't know how to run an ISP.

well if the guy is not a employ of sify or is affliated to them in any wayand if he is moron who can't see the truth (or is scared to face the truth)then whatever his wish after all this is a free country

unless they can deliver a decent enough connecting software, i won't even give 1 bit of credit to sify.