• Thread starter Thread starter tanwaramit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 4,832

tanwaramit

ISP
Sify, Reliance
Guys,

I want to share the horrible experiences that Sify has given me.

The list is very big...I am attaching chains of mails sent by me to their Senior Management including their CEO and it is like banging in front of a deaf person.

THE WORST EXPERIENCE ONE CAN SEE. I have tried my level best to get the money out of them, but THOSE ARE BLOODY CHEATS.

I am not interested in taking them to Consumer Court, but now am thinking differently.

[FONT=&quot]Mail sent on 05th August 08[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]to CEO Sifycorp[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Dear Mr. Raju,[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

The subject line says what the company should change its name to.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

If Sify accepts payment and doesnt provide internet services and neither refunds the money, it should better change its name to Charity services, where I would know that I am donating money to Sify and cannot expect any kind of return (either refund OR services) for the money paid.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

This is THIRD escalation to the CEO of the company and around a month of chasing couldnt deter Sify to do the job.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

I think I will donate the money to Sify Charity Services, Kindly provide me a reciept of the same from Sify Charity Services.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Amit[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

P.S. VERY VERY HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Amit[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mail sent on 25th July 08 to CEO Sifycorp[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]25-07-08 12:25 PM[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]RE: FINAL Reminder: Sify connection[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT] Dear Mr Raju,[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

After several reminders even escalation to CEO if this is the response of Sify (no resolution, the net is down now for 17 days),[I am sorry to say], am wondering what kind of a company are you heading.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

I have had enough of chasing Sify, I donot have any energy, willpower or interest in continuing to chase Sify.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

I would like to close my relationship with Sify.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Kindly do the needful as per my earlier mail at the earliest.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

1. Disconnect my connection (anyway, its already disconnected)
2. Reimburse the amount paid (unused recharge)
3. Reimburse the Installation charge
4. Give me a letter stating that since Sify has provided very poor internet service hence customer has disconnected the connection.
5. Explain, How can Sify or its business partner disconnect my connection without any Warning, Request/ Demand for outstanding dues (if any) ?
6. How is Sify extracting the charges by not explaining them to the users anywhere on the site, isnt this hidden charge???[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

My observations are as below (Screenshots attached as Proof).[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

1. There is no communication of any extra charge anywhere on the site which a user needs to pay, neither is the user explained about it on the website[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
2. When renwewal is required to be done, Sify is just interested in taking the money without disclosing the other charges (which are hidden)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
3. Sify's partner uses arm twisting tactics to get the money and disconnects the connection[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
4. Sify doesnt care to listen to the customer, even communication to CEO doesnt help[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

I would like to stress, I have had enough of chasing sify for internet connectivity, now please donot make me chase you guys even for refund for something which you cannot provide and I paid you guys money.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Thanks
Amit[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

On your website, On the question of total cost of Sify Broadband - it doesnt mention Line Maintenance Charge (WHY ????????????????????????) Isnt this CHEATING.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Who is a BA? Again no mention of Line Maintenance Charges to be paid for the service provided[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When Clicked on Renew, it takes to page as below, AGAIN, no mention of Line Maintenance Charge[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Only place One can find these words are here[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Amit[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"bhaskar" [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]17-07-08 12:10 PM[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]RE: FINAL Reminder: Sify connection[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dear Mr.Tanwar,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]At the outset we sincerely apologize for the delay in providing connectivity, my team is already working towards resolving the issue. We will come back to you shortly.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As explained to you during our telecon this morning, pls be informed that calls made to customers are thru board lines and u can't reach us in the same numbers.Pls call our customer care number for any query or reaching us. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Regards[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bhaskar[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mail sent on 17th July 08 to CEO Sifycorp[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]From:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Amit Tanwar [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sent:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Thursday, July 17, 2008 10:10 AM[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Subject:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] FINAL Reminder: Sify connection[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dear Mr Raju,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I hope my mail finds you in good spirits.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I want to keep this mail short and simple.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A harried customer mailing you on the neck of frustration.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. SIfy connection renewed by paying through credit card online. (there is no mention of Line Maintenance charge online)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. Local business partner disconnects internet without any communication OR notice OR demand of Line Maintenance charge[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. 9 days of followup on internet disconnection is proving futile.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. All attempts to reach Sify is turning futile, Bhaskar Santhanam (disconnecting phone), local business partner (not picking up phone OR when picked up gives an assurance of making it up in ONE hr)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5. Willing to pay the money which is required, but Sify is shying away from responsibility.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Needless to say, this the most irresponsible act shown by any company, of disconnecting the connection and running away.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am VERY furious at the way sify has been behaving for past 3 months with my internet connection. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Since Sify CANNOT provide me internet connection, hence request you to please work on the following[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. Disconnect my connection (anyway, its already disconnected)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. Reimburse the amount paid (unused recharge)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. Reimburse the Installation charge[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. Give me a letter stating that since Sify could not provide internet connectivity hence customer has disconnected the connection.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5. Explain, How can Sify or its business partner disconnect my connection without any Warning ?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All 5 ARE MANDATORY.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Look forward to closing my relationship with Sify. It was a pleasure following up with Sify 10 times daily for 3 months for internet connection.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I would love to spread the message around of my experience with Sify through various means.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Amit[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mail sent on 14th July 08 to Head Customer Relations[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Amit Tanwar[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]14-07-08 10:59 AM[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SIfy Down: Enough is enough[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Dear Charu,

I would need an explanation from you (as you are heading customer care). This is for my complaint number 7183531.

1. My internet connection is down now for 6 days. I have been following up every day on this and there seems to be no progress.
2. Their has been no official communication of the reason.
3. Sify call center says Line Maintenance charge not paid - Hence disconnected.
4. I have renewed my internet online (why Line Maintenance payment to be paid is not communicated online)??
5. This is an extra charge which is hidden and is used as an arm twisting by Sify to pay out.
6. Since I need the internet, I am ok to pay this amount, however, the local partner is not even picking up phone or communicating about the problem (last time when I spoke to him 3 days back, he said the problem is with router and is under repair) and no mention of Line Maintenance charge
7. I would like to know, I have taken internet connection from Sify, on what basis can the local partner disconnect my connection and why is Sify not accountable to ensure that I have the internet connection?
8. If a customer buys renewal pack online, and doesnt pay Line Maintenance charges, does the local partner has the right to disconnect the connection without any notice, request and communication??? Is this the Process followed by Sify??

Kindly move on this today and get the internet connection started today, I want to be compensated for loss of 6 days internet connectivity.

I have had very very horrible experiences with Sify and would like to discontinue after the usage of my paid amount. I donot get paid to chase sify whole day while Sify and the partners do get paid (directly by me as well) to do their job, which is to ensure connectivity.

Kindly reimburse the amount paid for installation etc.

Keshav: I am preparing story on the way Sify works (thanks to my experiences with them, let us try to publish this on HT this week)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
Vishakha: Can you please forward this to the concerned person in Metro Now, so that it can be covered sometime this week[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
Sachin: Can Mail Today or Aaj Tak cover this?[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Thanks & Rgds[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
Amit [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mail received from Head Cust Relations , in response to the mail sent to CEO[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 4:39 PM, Charumathy wrote: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dear Mr. Tanwar[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am Charumathy, heading Customer Care. I am sorry that you have had some interruptions in your service. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My team member Catherine has been in touch with you. This frequent down time will be addressed and I am involving the Tech team to ensure that . As I understand from my Tech team there seems to be 300m of back bone cable stolen initially. They had to replace it and during that time they had given temp connection to ensure you have connectivity. After they replaced the same there seems to be intermittent rain and this has affected the cable and some of the switches.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Though they have restored the connectivity the team feels that it might take a couple of days more to give uninterrupted connectivity. We will be in touch with you and will ensure that you do not face any major challenge. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your understanding and patience. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With warm wishes,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Charumathy[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mail sent on 20th May 08 to CEO Sifycorp[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]From: Amit Tanwar [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Subject: Sify: Closing ISP business ?[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dear Mr Raju,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I know who a CEO is and how his/ her time is. I also know that you are not the right person to talk to for this, but I am left with no other choice.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am not sure if you will read this email however there should be a time when a CEO should listen to the problems faced by consumers. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is for my broadband connection. I have been following up with Mr Naresh Ajwani since past one week, though it helped after a long time but for a very short duration.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have been suffering for two months now for my broadband connection from Sify and things have reached to a level where I have to write to the CEO of the company.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The connectivity is facing severe downtime issues ever since I have taken it (around 2 months now).[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Twice it has been down for more than a week.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Every other day, it goes down umpteen number of times and a call needs to be done to the service engineer. (since my wife is the user of internet, not sure if a call by a lady is the reason for frequent downtime here)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have been talking to the service engineers since past 2 months without any solution on point number 2.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This Sunday, the internet connectivity resumed after a gap of 9 days (post several escalation mails to Mr Naresh, attached with this mail) however noticed since today morning, the connectivity has again gone down. Didnt even last 36 hrs. Have lodged a complaint for this with the call center and also with the local service center, and havent recieved any communication on what is being done for the resolution.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The communication given that response time for any complaint is 12 hrs is never followed, and the estimation for correction is totally incorrect by days (not hours)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks to the poor connectivity given by Sify, I have taken Reliance connection (had bought as a backup, however now using it full time)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Is my request for internet services too much for Sify to give ?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have stayed abroad and other cities of India before coming to New Delhi, have experienced various ISPs, however connectivity breaking down every other day is something unique to Sify and not something which any organization could be proud of.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Given the state of affairs, am interested in knowing if Sify is continuing in the business of ISP or planning to close it down ?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am quite optimistic, however a humble request to you, Please let me know; even after writing to you if the problems are not solved then what should I do ?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Await a response from your end.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks & Rgds[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Amit[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mail sent to the Apellate Authority around 10th May 08[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dear All,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]8th Day in progress and no one in sify cares to call me.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yesterday one person (Amit) called me up to say to check if my net is[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]working, I enthusiastically checked, but it wasnt up, called up this guy[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]to let me know the status, he calls back saying sorry aaj nahi hoga, kal[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]hoga. I wonder this is what I have been hearing since past 8 days, \"aaj[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]shaam tak ho jaayega\".[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is even more reprehensible, a person from sify without checking the[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]background after 7 days calls me and asks me to check on the status[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]without even fixing the connectivity at your end.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have no official communication yet as to what is the problem, why is[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]problem, what is sify doing about it and what is the worst case timeline[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]for resuming the connectivity. (This is poorest service record)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Even 3 days post sending to Apellate authority, this is the status of[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]customer service. 8 days net down, no one talking to me about the problem.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Do I need to escalate even further?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Is sify planning to shut down ??[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mr Naresh: Can you please tell me who is VP, Customer Relations in sify?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Amit[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

I say: BSNL is anyday better than Sify. 🙂*sigh*

take them to consumer court,you dont even need a lawyer,,just a letter with proof and all the details and sue them.

sue them for damages too and blocking torrents(google vuze network results)as proof
here is alink
http://www.consumerhelpline.in/pages/aboutUs.asp

Central Govt, New Delhi has amended its rule, being Consumer Protection Rule 1987, fixing the filing fee payable in Consumer Dispute to be filed before the Consumer forum as per the recent amendment to Section 12(2) of the CPA 1987, which is as follows; -

Value of goods, Service & Compensation Claimed determine the amount of fee payable
DISTRICT FORUM (w.e.f. 10-2-2005)

VALUE OF GOODS AND COMPENSATION
AMOUNT PAYABLE
Less than Rs. one lakh
Rs. 100
Rs. one lakh and above, but less than Rs. five lakh
Rs. 200
Rs. five lakh and above, but less than Rs. ten lakh
Rs. 400
Rs. ten lakh and above
Rs. 500

The above amount is to be deposited at the time of filing the Complaint . The payment should be through a Nationalised Bank Demand Draft duly crossed, drawn in favour of "President, Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum, (district name)".

STATE COMMISSION (w.e.f. 10-2-2005)

AMOUNT PAYABLE
Rs. twenty lakh and above, but less than Rs. 50 lakh
Rs. 2000
Rs. 50 lakh and above, but less than Rs. 1 crore Rs. 4000
The above amount is to be deposited at the time of filing the Complaint . The payment should be through a Nationalised Bank Demand Draft duly crossed, drawn in favour of "Registrar, State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission, ___________ State".

NATIONAL COMMISSION (w.e.f. 10-2-2005)

AMOUNT PAYABLE
Above Rs. 1 crore
Rs. 5000

The above amount is to be deposited at the time of filing the Complaint . The payment should be through a Nationalised Bank Demand Draft duly crossed, drawn in favour of "Registrar, National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission".

address
Consumer action against post office

go man,i also went to CC but my problem was rectified as TRAI responed in kind.

Didnt had the courage to goto Consumer Courts.After around one month of my last mail the technical team from Sify got into a con-call with me with the area manager and tried to explain to me that the problem is solved and I will not face issues any whatsoever now. However having seen their problems I insisted on not continuing their services and asked for a refund of my installation.They finally agreed and sent back me the check for my installation done, probably they cut it from the partner.Am glad that the horrible experience is over now.Have taken Tata Indicom Broadband, speed of 2Mbps, works great, once in a while there was an issue, complaint done in the night, next day afternoon the service engineer was at doorstep, problem rectified. Well Done Tata.