Sify connection problem in Vista

aravindr007

ISP
Sify
I have problems in setting up a sify connection on my new Dell laptop with Vista premium OS. The IP address, gateway IP and DNS server were set correctly. IPv6 also disabled. Still the ping of the IP address does not happen continous. Reply is received in between lot of time the request timed out. could you please help me on this. I re-installed the broadcom LAN driver, disable Firewall. Still the same problem. Any other settings required. The LAN hardware on my laptop is working since i had used it earlier for gaming with group of 3 of my friends.

i dont know why u have disabled ipv6, i have it enabled & my connection is working properly in vista without any ping problem

Do you get request timed out in other OS as well ? This might be the problem at your cto side if you are sure that your wire and network card are perfect .

First i had the ipv6 enabled, the ping problem existed so tried to diable and check this had no influence. The CTO person had got his own laptop with XP OS, it worked fine (pings continously without any time outs). Unfortunately i didn't verify his system configuration in detail. The Sify person asked me to format and re-install OS. Does it make a difference. I shall try to check this with Safe mode today and update.

no. let the ipv6 mark be checked no isue. Configure in IPv4 settings ..gibve ur server names.I am using Vista .no problems for me.

Same problem for me and the other vista users in my building..Very bugged .. iPv4 iPv6 all enabled