Sify Client does not work with Win98

• Thread starter Thread starter popcorn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 4,900
here is my screenshot

yes it worked.... But that Monitor word is a bit misleading... may be u can replace it by "minimize to system tray" ... 🙂 also if u can also use those bells below blinking in colours for network flow in yr next version? ! 😉

When you place your mouse cursor over the "Monitor" button., it will say wot you suggested in your post 🙂BTW, those are not bells but characters as you see on msn messenger.

oops Sorry i did not see those msn characters..... But that monitor word comes when u first install it. A user shall not know that there is a mouse over and most likely that user shall click exit button. So as a first time user may miss the monitor button and close the software and shall decide not to use it as it did not work. So I just gave u the suggestion. Also once user says I want to update every 1 hour the Monitor button changes to Tray so u may think here too .. 🙂 Monito and Tray are a bit misleading... I suggest to use just tray at both places.....

Cancer ... I have a bit different idea. Instead of using the heavy add-on we can simply use the scheduler which is in control panel and schedule it to run daily the supersify link file at say 12:10am. Add one more schedule at say 1 am. Add one more at say 2 am and so on till 7:50 when u shall run a last log out script schedule. In this way you are connected and also loggout off on time. The time gap also can be flexible like 20 minutes if u want to be extra sure!. Is just adding more entries in scheduler for once thats it. It shall run every day and your work is done without the burden of memory usage (5MB).I feel this option is more Feasible. You guys can share more after testing it.

^ Good Idea, but how will your scheduler close the instance after u r connected? Which means, after each duration a new instance of SuperSify will open and it will not close until u close it manually. Also, you have to configure your schedular daily.Also, I m adding more functionality in my Addon like Bandwidth Meter, which will tell u how much data has been transfered (including Uploads and Downloads) and auto logout after a certain MB of data has been transfered 🙂Does your scheduler has this facility??

As far as I understand the scheduler is that it just runs any file once. If it is scheduled daily it will run that file on the specified time regardless what error comes. So if we use supersify -u xxx -p yyy -k then the window shall close and u r connected. hence no need to bother of any open window. Also regarding your meter stuff... it seems interesting and may become a super sify guard in future 😉 keep doing good work for us!!

This is not related to this thread but since this thread is on the top I ask. Where dd that "get 4 mbps for Rs. 500/month" thread go 😛 ?