Sify cheating the customer, again

• Thread starter Thread starter Mahesh1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 170
  • Views Views 24,983
btw, shouldn't they change it to "bits" rathen than "bytes"[/b]

Data transferred is usually measured in bytes and its derivations like kilobytes, megabytes etc. while bandwidth is measured in bits per second and its derivations 😉

Originally posted by NeO@Jul 4 2005, 08:08 PM
ok here a screenshot of my sessions im using 128kbps unlimited which charged at 500rs here in mumbai.

No deduction is days  🙄

i renewed in june
[snapback]14902[/snapback]
[/quote]Thats awesome, what speeds are you getting on your 128 k ? I'm planning to use that next month since I've heard that on a 256k you get only speeds upto 20 kBps

Dammit the Renewal comes even nearer with 3 days of validity being deducted because of downlaod of 275.8 mb in one day. Arrrrrrrghhhhhhh

The screen shot by Neo proves that in day time 200 Mb is the limit and night unlimited surely exists.He downloaded aprox 190 mb during day and 520 mb in night , and did not have any deductions in days.

yes there is no reduction in days if download pto 200 mb frm 8 am to 10 pm and thereafter frm 10 pm to 8am nlimited downloads 😀 @tushar ....i downloadedarond 650 mb frm 10 pm to 8am if can c my screenshot carefully 😛

Data transferred is usually measured in bytes and its derivations like kilobytes, megabytes etc. while bandwidth is measured in bits per second and its derivations[/b]

oh yes!!!

got a bit confused between big B and small b... 😉

thanks for clearing it out bud 😀

Originally posted by NeO@Jul 5 2005, 01:07 PM
yes there is no reduction in days if  download pto 200 mb frm  8 am to 10 pm and thereafter frm 10 pm to 8am nlimited downloads 😀

@tushar ....i downloadedarond 650  mb frm 10 pm to 8am if  can c my screenshot carefully 😛
[snapback]14955[/snapback]
[/quote]
Wow, I do live at the edge, the limit is 225 mb confirmed, one "bit" more than that and 1 day is deducted, upto 225 mb no deductions 😉

When I downloaded 275.8 mb that day, my validity was deducted by 3 days that 1 day for usage over 225mb another day for usage over 250 mb and yet another for usage over 275 mb.

I can confirm this since I had downlaoded 210 mb one day without any deductions, during day time.

Now run along and use every bit of what SifySux provides you haha

Originally posted by Tushar@Jul 5 2005, 07:33 PM
Wow, I do live at the edge, the limit is 225 mb confirmed, one "bit" more than that and 1 day is deducted, upto 225 mb no deductions 😉

When I downloaded 275.8 mb that day, my validity was deducted by 3 days that 1 day for usage over 225mb another day for usage over 250 mb and yet another for usage over 275 mb.

I can confirm this since I had downlaoded 210 mb one day without any deductions, during day time.

Now run along and use every bit of what SifySux provides you haha
[snapback]15000[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanx for the info 🙂

Today i was getting about 400 kbps-800 kbps on sify (with download acceleratos) and i didnt see it and after an hour or so i saw i have downloded about 160 MB which i wsnt expecting ......so lets see if i get any deductions...But I am not responsible for crossing the 150MB limit bcoz it was the fault of sify server for giving me unexpectedly high speeds which i was not expecting....

Originally posted by boygr8@Jul 5 2005, 10:53 PM
Today i was getting about 400 kbps-800 kbps on sify (with download acceleratos) and i didnt see it and after an hour or so i saw i have downloded about 160 MB which i wsnt expecting ......so lets see if i get any deductions...

But I am not responsible for crossing the 150MB limit bcoz it was the fault of sify server for giving me unexpectedly high speeds which i was not expecting....
[snapback]15027[/snapback]
[/quote]

Why dont they give such speeds at night :lol:

Originally posted by kumar@Jul 5 2005, 09:43 PM
Can more people confirm that the limit is not 150 MB but 225 MB ,please.
[snapback]15014[/snapback]
[/quote]
I would have provided the screenshot, but due to numerous disconnections from sify bbclient to check my usage it has vanished from the 7 day logs which actually only keeps logs of 20 latest sessions. Sify atleast say the truth at one place, 7 days my foot.

noticed one thing, they assingn u a new id for 12 to 8.......then the night unlimited wud be from 12 to 8also ur first session started at 9pm(not 10pm) so maybe the whole session is considered as day usage........