Sify cheating by sending duplicate packets.

ISP
Sify
Hi,I one of the sify victim from Bangalore, I have 256kbps unlimited plan from sify. Recently I noticed that I can able to download stuff at the half of the speed of my bandwidth. But my network monitoring tools showed me I am using full bandwidth, got little suspicious and fired wireshark (ethereal), And I can see lots of duplicate packets and duplicate acks from sify servers, thus slowing down the speed by half. When I contacted sify cc they said they will resolve it in 11 hour, but no work from them for last two days.If any of you facing this problem, complain to them and get the service ticket number, so that you can sit on their neck until this issue is resolved.Bye.

I live in bangalore and I also have the same issue from 2 days. I also called them up before two days. They started saying that they do not gaurentee speed in shared connections and asked me to take a dedicated connection.

i have a question. can you provide solid documentation on possbile data duplication tactics you think sify is practising?we can highlight it in the online media.

duplicate ACKs and packets mainly happen because of faulty switch or cable or LAN problem and hence reduces speed. i dont think it wud be done on purpose. there are other better and undetectable ways to restrict speed.

heh. maybe they found this incredible way to show u that you get the promised speed but half of it is supplied from our local servers to fool ya 😉

I never had any speeds issues till i quit sify about 3 months ago. and sify now gives great speeds.....itsusually LAN issues with ur CTO that bother mostOnly if Sify could install WI Fi transmitters, it could be real success

Hi,

I one of the sify victim from Bangalore, I have 256kbps unlimited plan from sify. Recently I noticed that I can able to download stuff at the half of the speed of my bandwidth. But my network monitoring tools showed me I am using full bandwidth, got little suspicious and fired wireshark (ethereal), And I can see lots of duplicate packets and duplicate acks from sify servers, thus slowing down the speed by half. When I contacted sify cc they said they will resolve it in 11 hour, but no work from them for last two days.

If any of you facing this problem, complain to them and get the service ticket number, so that you can sit on their neck until this issue is resolved.

Bye.

I am also facing the same problem since last 2 weeks. Now they say that its a shared connection and I should expect b/w 8-30kbps on my 256k unlimited connection (it should be 25+ most of the times)..

Regards,
-Sumit

Hi,Contact sify customer care, Don't waste your time talking with those brainless customer care ppl, ask them to forward your call to technical people. As expected its not shared connection issue its the issue with their malfunctioning network equipment. Even my network card got ****ed up due to lightings a few weeks back. They took almost a more than two weeks to fix network connectivity. Any way sify is not as much ****ed up as tata broadband. But still I am planning to shift to something else.