Sify called me up!

the_one

[OP]
Jan 25, 2005
Hi,Today someone from sify called me up asking details about my Internet usage!!!I downlaod Iso's of Linux CD's. So my downloads go up to 6-7GB per month. I am using 128kbps Unlimited package.They said they are asking everybody their details.Did they call you up ?

the_one

[OP]
Jan 25, 2005
Yes definitely spies. What the hell do they want to do with my activities ?Also, when i went to my Operators office asking for an explanation of the call,i met a man from Sify itself. I told him that i dont want you people to call at my place. He said that Sify will not call asking for such questions.Odd!

inetbum

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 30, 2004
Blast them if they ask you about your downloads. Tell them that the night pack is sold by Sify as a downloader's pack. This was atleast what my CTO had told me when he overzealously tried to sell me the night pack, but it didn't fit my requirements so I didn't buy it.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
actually at sify broadband... one person has no idea what other does in the company... my service guy had no idea what my CTO told me about my net problems. there is total miscommunications...

Tintin

Dec 16, 2004
I had the same phone call once. At the time, I was using torrents a little aggressively :)

the_one

[OP]
Jan 25, 2005
LOL, he called up again and said, " We suspect that your machine is infected by a virus or a worm. Please scan your system!" HAHAHAHA,s*ckers. I have purchased Unlimited package, to unkay baap ka kya ja raha hai ?

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
unkey baap ke bandwidth jaa rahi hai :)i remember those days when i had a 1 gig bandwidht a motnh connection... the CTO disabled my id coz he thought i had a virus. i was sending mails at a speed of 150 per hour... that was part of my job then. :p

the_one

[OP]
Jan 25, 2005
agar "unkey baap ke bandwidth jaa rahi hai" then why the hell do they say its unlimited ?

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
so that stupid customers can be lured into believing that there is something called unlimited broadband in india ;)