Sify Broadband Users, Introduce yourself

• Thread starter Thread starter Fred
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 225
  • Views Views 94,071
Originally posted by Sushubh@Oct 31 2004, 11:46 PM
well, yea u are right. but lots of people here visit only sify broadband forum. and the original questions somewhat relates to users of sify broadband. so i will keep it here. 🙂

albeit with a change in post title. i like getting posts into google.  B)
[snapback]1363[/snapback]
[/quote]
There is the third one if one were to type sify broadband into google but I noticed that if someone were to be lazy and just type sify only that company's pages show up. Perhaps Sushubh can do something about that....

its close to impossible to get into top 10 for Sify on google. reason being sify runs 100s of sites all of which are interlinked. they dont work properly on the sify broadband site, i am second for that. 🙂

Hello all.......me new here.....just got sify broadband today and am already reretting it......wish i had been to this forum b4.....i have the night package and all i get is 2k dload speed 🙁 ....AM karan from delhi.....Sify sux.... :angry:

Hey ice, are you icefusion from TA? Welcome here ... btw ... I too use sify in delhi and atleast speed wise not much problem here ... hmm ... which area do you stay in?

Hi!I'm Surjeet Singh, from South Delhi.I'm providing Sify Internet Connection in my locality.I must say "Good work" to Sushubh (related to the truth he has punched here:about sify broadband).But i feel its just the beginin, its just a tip of an ice berg which u guys have seen/faced.I'll be gettin started very soon!Cheers!

errm, a local service provider not happy with Sify Broadband. this could be good. 😀

Welcome here Surjeet 🙂I hope you can enlighten us about the working of sify and clarify doubts about things like the 75mb limit ...

Originally posted by ujjwal@Nov 2 2004, 02:50 PM
Hey ice, are you icefusion from TA? Welcome here ... btw ... I too use sify in delhi and atleast speed wise not much problem here ... hmm ... which area do you stay in?
[snapback]1406[/snapback]
[/quote]

yeah man me the same...i live in saket....and looks like the problem was just for 1 day...i got 11kbps from bittorent dloads today...but still while dloading sm stuff from yahoo mail all i got was 4 - 5k.....

Originally posted by icefusion@Nov 3 2004, 03:38 AM
yeah man me the same...i live in saket....and looks like the problem was just for 1 day...i got 11kbps from bittorent dloads today...but still while dloading sm stuff from yahoo mail all i got was 4 - 5k.....
[snapback]1435[/snapback]
[/quote]

welcome to the forum!! what kind of pings u getting?

Originally posted by ujjwal@Nov 2 2004, 10:11 PM
Welcome here Surjeet 🙂

I hope you can enlighten us about the working of sify and clarify doubts about things like the 75mb limit ...
[snapback]1419[/snapback]
[/quote]

75 mb limit.....thats the maximum amount of data transfer u can perform in a day at normal (allocated) b/w. After 75mb, ur speed will be capped to 24kbps for the rest of the day (thats till midnite). And after midnight u'll be again able to download another 75mb at allocated b/w.

Just remember this :-
{75mb@allocated b/w : 76th mb and up @24kbps} @per 24hours

now show this thing on the sify's website to me. and i would accept it without any problems.

Woh! Surjeett! Your picture scared me :lol: Thanks for clearly stating that 75 MB thing, though yes, I would also really like to see it anywhere on Sify's website or on their Terms and Condition Document. Maybe they forgot to put it there because the Customer Care also says it's something that's there 😕By the way Surjeett, what about the 6 hr /day limit. Does it exist for the 32 + package?

they cannot just forget to put in such an important thing on the website. from where i look at it, i take it as a delibrate attempt to fool the customer. they forget to mention the 6hrs a day limit on 64kbps packages initially. i sent them a mail and it was fixed the next day. i have sent around 10 mails asking for a clarification on the 75megs limit on the website. no one replies to the mails and no correction is done.think, its something that should be spread around properly. would have to see more customers of sify landing here feeling sorrt that they did not checked the reviews online.

Well,I'm afraid u wont be able to find ne such thing (limits related stuff) on their site (atleast not till yesterday).Reason begin, they argue that no normal user goes over 30-40 mb per day, so the limit they have fixed is pretty healthy, but then they tend to ignore that special cl@$$ of users who lives his life on the internet (and something sleep also)Butthen my feelin says, whoever comes up with these packs, is hardly worried about the limits and other related stuff which is goin to fall lke an hammer on lot of users, coz those who make these packs dont really use internet other than just mailin thingy.In simple, its like grand ma's and grand pa's r makin these wiered internet packs that too as extra ordinary conditions (more like gunda raaj)Neway, i shud stop here, otherwise i may gonna end up losin my franchise 🙂