Sify Broadband Unauthorized Survery

• Thread starter Thread starter kuldeep
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 4,259

kuldeep

Regular
Hi guyz could you please poll here and tell the people of sify that we are not happy with their services. i m sure that someone from sify reads these forums and will be ashamed as well

i m sure that someone from sify reads these forums and will be ashamed as well[/b]

Oh yeah, Mr. Naive

If this were the case, we would be in utopia, not just for broadband, for everything.

well i cant say im dissatisfied with them, but yea they have some issues. otherwise, im quite happy with their speeds and the consistency. i dload about 1gb every night (1.5gb including uploads) plus i use the full 150mb in the daytime lol. to be honest, i dont need a faster connection coz my dloading needs r fulfilled and 895 a mth is not too much. wht do u guys think

QUOTE(jabronni16 @ Apr 28 2006, 09:07 PM) [snapback]49552[/snapback]
well i cant say im dissatisfied with them, but yea they have some issues
[/b]

Yeah, kinda my sentiment too. Apart from the rainy season, where they seem to go under a shell, their service is ok. Much better than the alternatives I have here with respect to the whole package: cost, speed, download limits.

The issues I have have mainly to do with their relative indifference towards customers in matters other than the core internet service. This includes:
* bulky dialers
* No port forwarding for HTTP/FTP. You have to buy a static IP to host a website/ftp server
* No port forwarding for NNTP (Usenet).
* Untrained tech/customer support (Most/All of them do not know how to use linux systems)
* forced antivirus installation
* some stupid security schemes (MAC address based authentication)
* ignorance of non-windows platforms
* some quirks in their terms and conditions (6+ hours per day constitutes commercial usage for example)

Other than that there's no other broadband service provider that gives completely unlimited usage for 1100 per month. Even the 150 MB per day pack is quite innovative compared to other providers as it actually adds up to close to 4.5 GB per month. Now that actually is a lot of bandwidth for a regular user.

Very good post Siddhesh. You have aptly summarized the pros and cons.I voted for yes coz at the moment I'm having no probs with Sify. They are delivering (to me) what they promise. So for the time being I'm satisfied . . . . . . and if some provider manages to come up with a better plan I will definitely consider it.

I have been a Sify user since 2003 and overall, i am satisfied with their services.There have been a few glitches sometimes, but that happens with any service around the world.Currently, i am using their 256kbps Night & Weekends package and I get a download speed of around 30-35kbps.

Oh my god i'll have to support Siddhesh in this matter it sure has a bulky dialer it occupies 3.91mb of your total 40GB or 80GB of your HD space it sure takes so much place in my system i'll have to delete 2-3 movies to occupy this dialer

QUOTE(thegreatchuck1 @ May 16 2006, 12:12 AM) [snapback]51412[/snapback]
Oh my god i'll have to support Siddhesh in this matter it sure has a bulky dialer it occupies 3.91mb of your total 40GB or 80GB of your HD space it sure takes so much place in my system i'll have to delete 2-3 movies to occupy this dialer
[/b]

I think he was talking RAM-wise.

QUOTE(thegreatchuck1 @ May 16 2006, 12:12 AM) [snapback]51412[/snapback]
[/b]

3.91 mb is not so large and one does not need to delete any movies from hdd to store this dialer. Just wanted to clarify . . . and having done that, let me add that the dialer is still stupid.

hey guys, i got sify 256 Kbps night u/l just 5 days ago. 😀 and its delivering what it promised. i usually get around 28 - 30 KBps on bit torrent and around 31 KBps while downloading through Http 😀 , which is quite satisfactory i guess. but i have one problem, strangely enough while downloading at full bandwidth (28 -30 KBps) with bit torrent, the upload speed gets really slow, usually around 7-8 KBps 🙁 , and the share ratio doesnt even cross 0.1 till the download completes but when i stop the downloads and leave only the seeds, the upload speed is like close to 25 KBps, i have tried changing the settings, but nothing has worked. can anybody suggest a solution. becoz i opted for night u/l package just becoz it had better upload speed compared to only 64 Kbps for pure u/l.

well its probably coz there may already be a large number of seeds for tht torrent. in such cases, u dont upload as much while downloading. but u got nothing to worry about unless ur using a private site where u have to share too. in that case just leave it seeding for a while.

its too hard to say either yes or noi'm pretty happy with the speed but the only loss is no hubs in our area & the psycho CTO has blocked the LAN communicationotherwise its the same that siddhesh mentioned