Sify Broadband: trend micro office client is a pest

• Thread starter Thread starter rob86yang
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 10,901

rob86yang

ISP
sify
friends,i need help!i got a sify conneection and along came this office client from trend micro.:wall:its a real party pooper and to add to it,IT REMOVED MY AVG ANTI VIRUS FREE EDITION ON ITS OWN......!now i wanted to remove it but its stuck like a parasite and wont budge.everytime i try unistalling it,it requests for a password!!!!!!i dont remember entering any security password when i installed it then why the hell it asks for one when i wanna uninstall it???????guys,you are into this for a long time so plz help me out otherwise only one would live-either the office client or my computer!:O

heh. sify and their stupid dialer that comes with a crappy antivirus software. i think someone posted a solution to get rid of it. try searching...

i checked out that thread and it says that the password to remove it is "Password' itself.i tried it but its not workin at all!guys,i think time is slowly nearing when i have to put my computer to sleep.......

yeah,but that doesnt help.they cant understand english or hindi....dont know why they call it customer care when they dont even care what language the customers are using or comfortable with!!!!!

Its password. Don't use capital P it doesnt work. I will tell you how to remove it

Well if you need to remove it. We can do one thing
Just follow the below steps

STEP 1
Search for a file named Ofcscan.ini under your Program Files-----------> Trend Micro

STEP 2
Open the Ofcscan.ini file using notepad search for the [INI_CLIENT_SECTION]

STEP 3
Find the line reading Uninstall_Pwd= and type a # at the beginning of the line

STEP 4
Insert a new line saying Uninstall_Pwd=70

STEP 5
Save the Ofcscan.ini file and retry the uninstall.

STEP 6
When it prompts you for a password, enter no. 1

Default password set by the program on its own is trend. Boot in safe mode and try uninstalling it from safe mode with this password.

hey,dude!do i have to write a new line at the end saying uninstall_Pwd=70 or should i write it in the same line where i add #?????

Did u try the password "trend" or "Trend"?

FYI: Anything next to # is treated as comment and so not executed. So in this case u are putting # before Uninstall_Pwd= hence disabling the old password.

And adding new line Uninstall_Pwd= allows u to specify a new uninstall password

thank you guys!with your help and concern,i was able to deworm my pc and got rid of that pest in a flash.once again thank you from the bottom of my heart.:yahoo:

now i give it up,friends!:wall: this trend micro office client is A REAL PEST AND A PAIN IN THE A*S.once i removed it and installed AVG,the sify client is forcing me to download it again and forbid me to log-in in case i dont!!!!i had to install that shit again to access my account.could you believe it!now they are gonna decide what AV to use,wat OS to use and believe me,the day is not far when they would force you to ACTUALLY BUY computers from them to access sify BB jus like reliance do with their good-4-nothing LG and classic handsets........but i am not gonna bow to this nazism.i choose to rather die with freedom than live like a slave so i am putting my computer to sleep.............😕 good bye to all my friends and krish_88,you dont worry.i already added to your rep points!!!!!!