Sify Broadband too slow in Delhi

ujjwal

Regular
Regulars
I am having the exact same problem, funnily download speeds are usual (11kBps) once I get connected, but sites take ages to open, if at all they open :/ Seems a problem with the domain name servers?

BTW, which DNS are you all using? (Windows users, Right click Network, Properties, DNS servers are listed in some tab as. Linux users, cat /etc/resolv.conf).

These are mine -

nameserver 202.144.66.6
nameserver 202.144.115.4
nameserver 202.144.50.4
[/b]

nuclear

Regulars
Originally posted by boygr8@May 17 2005, 08:10 PM
Is anybody else in delhi facing slow speeds on sify for past 2 days especialyy today?

[snapback]9532[/snapback]
[/quote]

err.....yes :angry:

nuclear

Regulars
Originally posted by boygr8@May 17 2005, 08:10 PM
Is anybody else in delhi facing slow speeds on sify for past 2 days especialyy today?

[snapback]9532[/snapback]
[/quote]

I checked the speed it shows 96.5 K but its coming out to be like when i used sify for the first time

boygr8

Regulars
Regulars
I am using the same DNS servers as u ujjawal.I dont think the problem is with DNS bcoz once a download starts.....it slows down and stops in middle.I confirmed with CTO.....he says problem is at Sify's endBut I wonder why Sify is taking ages to solve the problem- already 3 days

boygr8

Regulars
Regulars
Ok looks like DNS problem bcoz i downloaded from microsoft and download speeds are fine......so can we use any other ISP's DNS for time beingor anybody else know DNS other thannameserver 202.144.66.6nameserver 202.144.115.4nameserver 202.144.50.4

compuboy_r

Add one more dns202.144.13.50But the connection problem persists.....

GAURAV7777

Regular
Regulars
cyberwiz i posted that screen shot to show u people the error it generates when ever there is a dns error or a time outhaven't u guys experienced any proxy browsing beforeif ever there's a dns error in proxy it presents u with a same kind of report like the one i showed i meant that i earlier used to get that cannot find server error but now i get these errors all the time

anand

Regulars
Regulars
I know the error on that pic. I recently have faced similar things. Still I don't believe that if you get that error + a reduction in normal speed that Sify is at fault. If you get just that error but not a reduction in speed then it would be just a dns error.I think I know of another thing which can cause that error+slowness but I still have to test it.....Damn Sify and it's lack of security

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
Regulars
well, don't mind guys i downloaded approx. 750 MB in these 2 days :D so seems everything is fine at my end, but won't be suprised if it goes any time :eek: am i sucking ur speeds???? :rolleyes: ;)