Sify Broadband Sucks

There are lots more words for guys like him - jerk, s*cker, sh*thead, nerd blahblah blah....I get a speed of 7 KBPS on a 64 k account n he gets 100 on 32!!! Even 128k unlimited packs don't get those speeds!!! Sify Officer must posses some magical powers!! :lol:

And the poll attached to this thread proves him wrong!!!Satyameva Jayate!!!!I guess its time to close this thread! He doesn't even come here now!!

Originally posted by uthfull@Apr 1 2005, 09:11 PM
I get a speed of 7 KBPS on a 64 k account n he gets 100 on 32!!!
[snapback]7400[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes that maybe true.....Iam getting such speeds on my 32 kbps pack for quite a while now.Dunno what happens after i renew at the end of this month.

It was fun to read the comments on this post...Sify_officer seems to be some SIFY employee 😛Sushubh, some of your replies were very interesting B) Sify_officer - A Shameless fellow.- A Big Liar.I think, we need to approach ISO authority too.... to get SIFY's ISO 9002 certificate cancelled 🙄

Sify has handed over its customers(like we) to their CTO's and made a mess. Sify also doen not have courtesy to send a postal mailer to give a personalised service or make us feel that sify is there somewhere to help us. We are just left with our corrupt CTO who act smart that they owe Sify. Let sift read these forums and understand. Let the compitition grow, Sify shall have a tough fight against Big Players who understand the Retail Business with proper service and feel good factor.

a lot has already happened but they do not seem to get it. they suck big time. the sooner they realise the better for them.

i was about to take sify as they sify salesman was real pushy thought i would check the net for reviews and looking at posts here im not taking it anymore!!

Hope Sify Officer reads this and the previous post.I have an Iqara connection. I thought it a bit expensive and so started looking for more economical (not cheap) ISP's. Sify rates were beginning to look attractive. So I started looking around in blogs and forums, and came across this forum. Had a REALLY good time going through this thread :laughs:.It turns out 'Sify Officer' is the kind of last mile operators Sify dumps on its' subscribers: absolutely ignorant of the technology, and bombastic to boot (more politically incorrect descriptions are running through my mind). Not to speak of the lousy Sify service I have read through till now.So, from all indications, Sify is cheap. No way am I going for it.By the way, someone has mentioned Sify and LAN, and its inherent security vulnarabilities. Is Iqara LAN? Answers would be welcome.

Lan is the best part i like . U can play games and share files with ur freind on same ip . U get transfer speed of 5 MB/s or more and u pay nothing for lan sharing !! 🙂

well sify officer I am another victim of this NO 1bloodsucking corporate .Let me come straight to some of the points you have said about sify and computers.After reading this thread today you seem to be a novice about computers and sify internet too (I wont call that broadband)1.Ist you have said somewhere that you are using sify net for 15hrs=150mB,well it seems you are not aware of the terms and conditions ,Read them carefully, they clearly specify limit as either 150MB or 6hr max use/day.So they can in near future block you from using net.2. You have said firewall prevents virues from spreading in net.Sorry Mr officer but a firewall is there to prevent others from spying on your comp by blocking access to your comp.and not to prevent spraed of viruses.Viruses can still sneek through your firewall.3.You say that sify has a good customer service .Can you explain me why for the hell they provide a new complaint no to everyone ,who lodges a complaint to them whether on phone or on website.Well sify fooled me for 15days by giving me a new complaint no everyday ,without even acknowledging my original complaint nos ie they treated every call to there customer care as new complaint and when I enquiredabout previous complaints they seemed to have no idea about them.4.My CTO(ISHITA INFOTECH vaishali ghaziabad) was surely the worst CTO in the whole country.Once when a special officer was send by sify to my home to repair my line as the local CTO was unable to repair it for 12 days ,I asked him If sify does take any action against their CTOs ,well his answer wud have driven even CTOs insane.He said that sify has a unique policy of dealing with their erring dealerssince sify has no balls to deal with their dealers they simply look for some new local dealer just to create competition for its existing dealers,he said this by giving example of indirapurum region where their are 5 sify dealers in just 3 Sq KM area.Before quitting sify when I made regular complaints to their customer care for 15 days. Though I was given a new complaint no everyday and they never called back to any of my complaints, but they surely seem to have got the idea that sify is loosing bussiness in vaishali region due to this dealer(mine was his last connection on 3feb 2005 till this date),and they reacted immediately and contacted the already successfull hotwire(primus) dealer in the area to start their service too.But they never ever tried to transfer me this new CTO (who already had the line in my building) even after my repeated requests to do so.At last I decided to pay another installation charges this new dealer but went for hotwire instead this time.

I disagree with some of points u made sachin214 . Although I am not a diehard fan of Sify but its now 10-12 days I had the sify connection and except the first 2 days I had not even a single problem either with speed or connecttivity. I know they have specify limit as 150MB but I am very sure its no where written tht 6hr max use/dayHmm abt their customer service I would say I can't judge on tht as my friend is working with sify and i usual tell him if i have any query , like deactivating AV etc . The first and last time I complained abt 2 days of no connectivity I got 2 days of extension on my expiry date 😉 No complains of my CTO as yet (except those first 2 days) i got no problem. May be I am located just 1 block next to CTO and thus downtime is less for me.Yes viruses can sneek past the firewalls but only when u download something malicious. Firewalls do stop network viruses and trogans like lovescan, hekeren, etcAtlast its just been 10-12 days so don't take tht I am happy with their services fully. I suppose I have to wait for 2-3 months before being so sure. The above was the feedback for just last 10-12 days 🙂

Originally posted by hitman@May 11 2005, 12:17 PM
I disagree with some of points u made sachin214 . Although I am not a diehard fan of Sify but its now 10-12 days I had the sify connection and except the first 2 days I had not even a single problem either with speed or connecttivity.

I know they have specify limit as 150MB but I am very sure its no where written tht 6hr max use/day

Hmm abt their customer service I would say I can't judge on tht as my friend is working with sify and i usual tell him if i have any query , like deactivating AV etc . The first and last time I complained abt 2 days of no connectivity I got 2 days of extension on my expiry date 😉

No complains of my CTO as yet (except those first 2 days) i got no problem. May be I am located just 1 block next to CTO and thus downtime is less for me.

Yes viruses can sneek past the firewalls but only when u download something malicious. Firewalls do stop network viruses and trogans like lovescan, hekeren,  etc

Atlast its just been 10-12 days so don't take tht I am happy with their services fully. I suppose I have to wait for 2-3 months before being so sure. The above was the feedback for just last 10-12 days 🙂
[snapback]9186[/snapback]
[/quote]

Read there terms and conditions (well you can do that by opening fresh registration page) there is 6 hrs usage limit though I know they are not following it now but can do so anytime in future.

2nd I had problem with sify for not 12 days ,but 3 months when I decided to shift to primus .You can imagine my delima when first I paid Rs 2500 as installation to sify and then Rs 1500 again 3 months later to primus .

Yes I know my problems were due to My CTO not sify per say but buddy there is something called vicarious liability.When I initially decided for sify I never had any idea about its dealer my area ,I only got to know after sify had send there marketing manager to my house and made tall claims about there dealer and its service and thats how i was tricked.

Yes you are wright If THe CTO is near to your area it does help.

also read my post on this page

hxxp://forum.seo4india.com/Summary_of_the_Complaint-t974-s15.html

You will get better idea of what I went through and my stand

man there are these sify franchise in our blding that are bothering us on a daily basis now. They seem to have the worst plans i have seen and yet they act like they are the best isps out there! Not even one unlimited connection everything has a download limit! 256 kbs with max 4 gb download....lol