Sify Broadband Sucks

QUOTE(sify officer @ Mar 15 2005, 11:23 PM) [snapback]6650[/snapback]
Hmmmmm.....Airtel.....
If u like Airtel then go for it
but don't come to the conclusion that sify is waste
Sify provides valueaided services to meet consumer's pockets.[/b]
I hope u might be getting money from sify to say these things. i'm also a sify user from last month & i'm facing hell lot of problems. even customer care doesn't helps & the cto thinks he is cmd of sify.
SIFY SUCKS!!!!!! okkkkkk

Hi guys,just wanted to narrate the horrible experience i am having with Sify.I have gone for the sify monthly unltd 128 kbps plan ,howver its not even one complete week since I have had the connection and already for the past 4 days my connection has been down.I have been calling almost everybody,my local sify business associate,sify call center, but nobody cares.At the time of applying for the connection I was assured by the their executive that downtime with sify was rare.Now out of the 7 days, I have been online only for 3 days.Incidentally they ask you to pay all the dues up front & once you made the payment,they just dont bother. Im really fed up with Sify and ruing my decision.Ironically I'm forced to make this post using my good old dial-up even when Im supposed to have "broadband connection". Honest advice to all of you out there who are thinking about going for a broadband connection:Sify sucks...dont even think about going for it,else you would also be left repenting like me..Im already thinking about shifting to bsnl or tata.

Did you know Sify's pathetic service was the reason for this forum's existence? 😛

TATA was never in the race man!!! TATA has always been the leader in ripping off the customer!!!

just wanted to post an update guys..Sify just keeps on going from bad to worse..after much fighting and threats about terminating the connection, those idiots finally restored my connection,however my speed has become pathetic.See the screenshot and judge for yourself.Despite having a '128Kbps' line, it took me almost 2 mins to download 42 KB....so much for Sify that shamelessly advertises 'For those who hate to wait"

http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sifyrk9.jpg

hey guys,please help me out by providing information about 64kbps sify connection ..... it says 1 day will be reduced from the package ,if the usage exceeds 150 MB in a day. Now what this 150 MB exactly is ? Is it a download limit ? Or how to calculate this usage ?

150 MB is the total usage limit (download + upload), which should not be exceeded between 8 a.m. & 10 p.m. if u exceed then u lose 1 day. thereafter for every 25 MB u lose another day.eg.: if u download 204 MB, u lose 1 day for exceeding 150 MB, another day for the next 25 MB (after crossing 175 MB) & another day for crossing 200 MB. so u lose 3 days in all

worst service provider i ve known, have been using it for a year, still feel cheated every month.....unlimited should mean unlimited, why a 150 mb cap?doesnt know whose fault is it...cto or sifys...but in the end we are the ones who suffer.....finally getting out of this....finally airtel is here, would be getting it asap

I got a sify connection from last 6 months with 32 kbps speed.

I get a download speed of 100 kbps sometimes which rocks me and i downloaded whole kuchkuchhotahai movie from MIRC in just 3 hours.

But sometimes this speed gets slower i.e 8 kbps which is ok for a 32 kbps connection.

And whenever my net disconnects i change my IP and get back my net

So i don't have any problem with sify at all

I think it depends on users to use the net to their full advantage.The users should have a good knowledge on computers first.
If your speed gets slower then just change your IP that's it .so simple. :angry:

I hear many users stating that the sify client automatically logs off
this is due to virus
its your job to keep your computer virus free ,not sify's job.This virus spreads thru LAN and if one system gets infected it spreads all LAN

sify sucks. looks like you work with sify. 😡:madness:

Oh yes, I suffered a Sify connection in the early 2000's and it BLOODY WELL SUCKED !!