Sify Broadband Service Charges!

Never heard of a CTO before I came here. I guess I get my internet from sify directly.

My CTO used to provide his own network until 1 year back when he became a BA for Sify....He used to give me 30 hrs a month @32 kbps pure for Rs 450 a month. When I saw Sify package of 40 hrs valid for 2 months at 64kbps and Sundays free priced ar Rs 800, I was overwhelmed.......for less than Rs 50 a month I was getting so much more.....when i called Cto, he told me the price of Rs 1200=800+400 (400 as service charges).....u know what when I called Sify....one fool CC Executive wud say there are no service charges.....other wud say we dont have no contrrol over it, they can charge anything.....what the heck are they ur BA then.....I was at war with my cabewallah for a month......then he settled at Rs 150 pm.........pity he gave me 50 rs relief....what a courtseyI want to renew online but my pack (Family Pack) has been discontinued on their website...I have to renew thru my cablewallah

Even I get my Sify from a BA and not a CTO I guess. So far, this being my first month, I paid Rs. 615 only. The incidents about customers paying half of their package costs as service charges are outrageous. How can the Sify franchisees get away by charging that much extra?!

Originally posted by inetbum@Nov 5 2004, 10:39 PM
Even I get my Sify from a BA and not a CTO I guess.

So far, this being my first month, I paid Rs. 615 only. The incidents about customers paying half of their package costs as service charges are outrageous. How can the Sify franchisees get away by charging that much extra?!
[snapback]1608[/snapback]
[/quote]

i hope u wudnt mind payin Rs.695 for the same pack wich u got for 615 while renewin this month.
I wont remind u of services charges coz no such thing exists legally.
But yes if he is providin u something more than an internet connection then he deserve to charge extra for this value added service.

Yeah, gotta have to pay almost Rs. 700, up from almost Rs. 600 a month ago :-| . What a drastic price rise. I think I haven't seen such drastic price rise coming from any other service provider providing any kind of service.Hmm surjeett, I am curious as to what kinds of value added services could there be. Could you give some examples please?

Value added services.....umm..its like providing all sort of non-sense which cable operator provides on ur CTVs.Coz most of those guys who spend hours n hours sittin in front of their comp, dont really watch TV(coz TC doesnt support multi taskin).

OK thanks Surjeett 🙂 I'm comfortable with all the TV stuff being on TV while I use my PC for stuff which TV can't do, like PC games, programming, internet 😉

Originally posted by inetbum@Nov 6 2004, 05:43 PM
OK thanks Surjeett 🙂

I'm comfortable with all the TV stuff being on TV while I use my PC for stuff which TV can't do, like PC games, programming, internet 😉
[snapback]1671[/snapback]
[/quote]

In that case u can add Softwares n games on demand(subjected to availibility) in Value-added services. May be that'll arouse ur interest 😛

grrr... surjeet dude... don't quote posts which are the latest in the thread. 😛 help me keep database lean, mean and fighting machine 😀

Wonder if any of the members here getting charged those extra service charges are actually getting any movies/software/games etc on demand at all /🙂?

Originally posted by Sushubh@Nov 10 2004, 03:13 AM
grrr... surjeet dude... don't quote posts which are the latest in the thread. 😛 help me keep database lean, mean and fighting machine 😀
[snapback]1850[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'll keep that in mind 😛