Sify Broadband New Packages

• Thread starter Thread starter Suraj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 75
  • Views Views 12,603
I donot think these CTOs use fibre optic cables as they are expensive to buy , install , and maintain.Even mine one says they are using fibre cable but it is actually a thick coaxial cable.And even if they put in the best connecting media in between your pc and their gateway the speeds are not gonna improve, because the internet speeds are controlled by Sify's servers, so unless sify increases the speed ur speeds won't increase.An antivirus has got nothing to do with IP collisions, and how do you ensure that every pc in the LAN has an antivirus. Do they keep coming to your house to check it. And if you use their SecureSynergy antivirus, u better get another one. Get AVG or NOD32A switch is always better than a hub unless you need to sniff.

I have cat5 cable coming to the home too. The fiber link terminates at the switch/hub at the basement from where it's cat5 which wires up the whole building. I think the LAN I am on is spread over a long distance, about 2 kms., and hence they have implemented portions of it on fiber. Otherwise it would be very messy (if not impossible) having a LAN covering 2 kms.

I donot think these CTOs use fibre optic cables as they are expensive to buy , install , and maintain.
Even mine one says they are using fibre cable but it is actually a thick coaxial cable.[/b]

LOL. Quite possible. I don't trust these liars one bit.

I donot think these CTOs use fibre optic cables as they are expensive to buy , install , and maintain.
Even mine one says they are using fibre cable but it is actually a thick coaxial cable.[/b]

LOL. Quite possible. I don't trust these liars one bit.

there is currently no use shifting to fibre optic because our current cat5 can handle upto 10mps data speed and sify is not even near about 1mbps ,so its futile

Sify uses the technology called 'fixed wireless. This uses a stationary 10" X 10" rectangular device called the subscriber-unit. Mounted on the roof of a Cable Operator's building, this device points to the closest Sify Base Station that sends and receives signals. As the signal is received in your Cable Operator's subscriber-unit, it is sent through wired cable to your home/building to reach the computer in your home.

some new type of cat5 are coming that theratically have a transfer capacity upto 10 gbps

Damn my CTO came to replace my hub with switch.......but there was a car parked underneath.....so he cudnt change....as a result i still have hub connectionAnd btw Supreme......the Sify's client forces its Antivirus and many PCs on my LAN were infected with a network worm which wud continuosly send data and clog the LAN........now every PC has aan Antivirus either Sify's or other.....i have pc-cillin

Originally posted by Supreme@Jul 24 2005, 09:18 PM
An antivirus has got nothing to do with IP collisions, and how do you ensure that every pc in the LAN has an antivirus. Do they keep coming to your house to check it. And if you use their SecureSynergy antivirus, u better get another one. Get AVG or NOD32
[snapback]18133[/snapback]
[/quote]

As regarding to the Ip collisions they have been stopped by using mac binding. And yes they do have a mcafee antivirus installed at every computer of sify which gets updated regularly till u a user of sify to prevent virus attacking ur system

Originally posted by GAURAV7777@Jul 24 2005, 10:25 PM
ya these are called Cat5E cables
[snapback]18151[/snapback]
[/quote]
Cat5e cables can handle gigabit speeds and they cost as much as the normal cat5 cables Rs 8-12/metre