Sify Broadband Links

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 56,742
Shouldn't you also include links where it shows in Sify's Tos that they are cheating customer by imposing limits? For example, the 75mb limit.

Ok. Well I'm trying to convince my dad that Sify isn't all that good. I kinda need concrete proof that your down/up speed decreases. all ready, my speed has been decreased since about 6 hours now.

hmm show him the above links.tell him to download ms xp service pack 2 and see how long it takes to do so.tell him to try contacting the customer support and ask he cannot access nntp servers.

He called up customer care and they said they have nothing of that sort. They don't restrict your downloads. and what are nntp servers?

it is weird that u cannot find ways to show u how broadbandish sify broadband actually is 🙂

75 mb limit exists, you can try it yourself. nntp is Network News Transfer Protocol, used for news servers.

Well this customer guy my dad spoke to said there is nothing of that sort. ok, let me ask, in order to get the truth, how would you ask them. lol. and can you give me the email id of the rep. you spoke to, if you can disclose it or something. i really want to switch to airtel, had sify just 3 days and it's all ready making me mad.P.S. regarding the 75 mb limit, do you get your speed back after a certain amount of time or something.

actually u have to ask that u have a 96kbps package but suddenly the speed has decreased to something closer to 16-20kbps. u want the original speeds back!

Last edited:
Sify doesn't seem to anywhere give in writing the 75 MB limit thing. Not on its website and not in its emails as I once remember you said Sushubh.They act like real crooks.Add to it some Cust Care reps who seem to deny outright that such a limit exists, jeez!

Sify doesn't seem to anywhere give in writing the 75 MB limit thing. Not on its website and not in its emails as I once remember you said Sushubh.They act like real crooks.Add to it some Cust Care reps who seem to deny outright that such a limit exists, jeez!I had myself confirmed the existence of such a limit 2 months back from Cust Care after reading about it on here.

Now I just need a cust. rep to tell me there exists a limit for my dad to believe. haha. 😀