Sify Broadband: Is Google working?

ISP
Sify Broadband
Google is not opening in my browser! and so is other Google site like Gmail, etc.
Strange, every other site is opening.

What could be the problem, members.
Are u experiencing the same problem? Please share here.

It's all happening since morning (21st August 2007).

I can open it using proxy sites.
For example: Box of Prox - THE Internet Proxy

What's the problem behind this ... ...
Plz explore.

Not a Sify customer. So can't help you on that. It works on TTML/ Tata Indicom. Am replying because the thread title intrigued me.

Google not working = Sun not rising = Earth not spinning.

Good luck. Hope it starts working soon.

Google is not opening in my browser! and so is other Google site like Gmail, etc.
Strange, every other site is opening.

What could be the problem, members.
Are u experiencing the same problem? Please share here.

It's all happening since morning (21st August 2007).

I can open it using proxy sites.
For example: Box of Prox - THE Internet Proxy

What's the problem behind this ... ...
Plz explore.

Yup its working fine for me. Though this google problem happened to me a few days ago only for a few hours. I think its problem with their servers not a big problem i think.

Yeah.. since today morning even I cudnt access *any* of the Google sites.. including Orkut, Google, Gmail, GTalk and partially Youtube.. It was definitely something up their servers.. I even tried OpenDNS servers instead of Sify's yet the same issue.. cud be something within the route that goes to Google.

I cudnt ping Google, and the Trace route as seen below cant go beyond Sify servers.. Anyways its fixed now I guess.. I tried calling Cust.care but not much use... they cudnt give any technical details.. just that 'some prob and will be resolved in 2 hrs' 😕

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9976/sifygoogleb0rkagenc0.jpg
Traceroute to Gmail

Wow! :O Can't believe it! They *actually* called me up now and asked if Gmail/Orkut sab khul raha hai kya ab?... yay for Sify custy care 😀EDIT: Besides the call from Sify Mumbai... My CTO just turned up at my place to resolve my complaint... sweet =D

Wow, good response I guess. :thumbsup:

Also, when I logged on right now. A message showed up automatically with IE:

Dear Sify Broadband customer,
Due to our International Submarine cable failure, you may experience slow browsing. Kindly bear with us.

May be this was the real reason for the problem.
By the way, I have no idea about "International Submarine cable". Do youk now anything?

Also, DP-NiSh posted quiet informative reply [tracert, OpenDNS].
Thanks for sharing your knowledge, really appreciated.

And

http://img77.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tracertgoogleju5.jpg

This is mine tracert output.