Sify Broadband down for 20 days due to virus problem on the network

• Thread starter Thread starter kuld33p
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,425

kuld33p

ISP
Sify
This is just to bring into your notice guys, as i write this mail sitting in my office i am sure that today as well i would not be able to connect to internet when i reach home.

This pathetic broadband services have been continuing for the last 20 days. They are saying that the LAN in our area has been hit by a virus/sypware/malware (Even they are not sure).

What issues i've faced till now.

[*]Everything seems to be fine on my PC. no virus. no spyware. still my cable was unplugged from my PC without even telling me.
[*]For 2 days continuously no connection.
[*]In the last 20 days i've managed to download 500-600 MB data😢 where it used to be 15-20GB earlier
[*]I've been trying to contact Customer care but nobody seems to be answering (so wastage of money)
[*]If they answer then asking silly question (whether ran antivirus, this, that and so on.. not understand the customer - this has been an ongoing problem with them)
[*]The whole area is sufffering ( My cablewallah is testing by removing cables from here and there and watching out if the virus goes away.
[*]No one.. No one in Sify knows whats going on.
[*]I recieved a message today stating that there is some problem and they are in process of fixing it and we will get compensation package in lieu of this downtime. ( well i don't believe them) there is definitely a catch.
[*]Since i got this 512 kbps unlimited night. i've not been able to use it at the fullest.
[/list]
Thats is from my side at the moment.

I live in Rohini - Delhi. My provider is from Sector-5

take them to consumer court.you have nothing to loose

[*]I recieved a message today stating that there is some problem and they are in process of fixing it and we will get compensation package in lieu of this downtime. ( well i don't believe them) there is definitely a catch.

[/list] quite possible. i've heard people getting compensation packages.

[*]The whole area is sufffering ( My cablewallah is testing by removing cables from here and there and watching out if the virus goes away.
[/list]

:hysterical::rofl:

this was a common occurrence when i was on sify... since its a LAN, it's very easy for machines to get infected from other PCs on the network.they would add on some days to your account. but it still is not the way to go... my suggestion would be to get rid of sify broadband as soon as possible. they suck. they always have.

i got a compensation pack but its only for 9 days and however i had night 512 unlimited plan and as per sify there is no 512 compensation plan. what the hell..