• Thread starter Thread starter krish_88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 13,689

krish_88

Regulars
ISP
Airtel XStream Fiber
Hey has anyone upgraded their dialer to 2.8. An excellent dialer with an additional feature called PC guard

And what might this amazing feature be? Let me guess, they are forcing a dumb firewall on us now.

sify 2.8 out?? i dont see any update. Also what is the minimum config to run the client? 🤔 winxp sp2 and above? As it is win98 /win98se / win95 are already abandonware for sify as no one bothers to check it whether it works or not.

What is this PC guard???Also can u post the software here.....it's not updated on my SAM as yet

The PC Guard tool is developed to prevent virus and Spam attack on the various ports that are in use when you are connected to the Internet. This results in enhanced virus protection and greater PC hygiene. 1433 UDP1434 UDP

how much ram it eats? 2.7 eats around 10-12 mb ram.

Bah. They seem to be imposing a firewall on us now. Hope it's not imposed the same way as Stinger :angry:. What kind of policy tells you to get rid of AVG, Norton etc. and install Stinger 🤔

Now with more so called advanced features its gonna eat for sure double that amount maybe around 20 mb. Oh i think now on a 64 mb ram pc only the OS and sify client can run, nothing else as no RAM will be left for usage by other applications.Then i wont complain about low speeds as i wont be able to check them HAHA

I hope this means that they will stop blocking ports at the central server. I guess not many of us will be bothered by changes in the official client, as long as there is no complete change in the mechanism, rendering alternate clients disfunctional.

one of the feature i found out is that if u change ur ip frm the original ip u cant ping ur gateway 😱 plzzz confirm if im wrong or right B)

Well, my thing was updated too.It now has two processes running1. BBClient = 9,264k2. BBImpSec = 7,732kAnd you have a choice of blocking/opening any ports. Default is all open.