Sify Broadband Connection NO MORE safe

• Thread starter Thread starter vsrbabu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 4,203

vsrbabu

Do you believe that Sify BB Cable Connection is Not safe and Sify won't take responsibility for that.On 29-5-2005 there was a big gale at Hyderabad... and what happened ...as usual ...POWER CUT... But, strange... there was power thro' Sify Cable and the CPU is burnt. 😱 Who is responsible????The Consumer?That is what Sify means.Inspite of Complaints ( # 2001623 dt: 30-5-2005 and Phone call to 9866394300 on 29-5-2005 at 8.45 PM) NO RESPONSE to Answer the reason.....Forget the Compensation.

well it never was safe. your cable guy wont take responsibility if his cable fry your television.

Thanks for the warning, looks like those CTO's weren't lying when they disconnected the line during rains. They might have been overcautious though.

well if they cannot layout cables safely. it is a shame on them. that is why i love my airtel. rain or no rain, it works.

Well i have heard people say they turn off the computer during thunder-storms because if nothing a surge in the power-lines can burn one's sensitive motherboard. There are surge-protectors out there but there's never 100% guarantee of safety.Looks like there's merit in that.

that is why i think they should move onto to wi-fi or wimax soon 😀

vsrbabu...i must say its a badluck......and i must say...during thunderstorm use comp carefully...i have read reviews on international sites... ppl getting deadly shocks,mobo blasting.........all due to excess power .....

2 months ago my lancard burnt in night by powersurge from sify's lanwire but the cto refused to accept that,he kept saying he never heard about power surge through lan 🤔 so i have to replace the motherboard [because of inbuild nic]

i used to do that on sify. i also take out the cable wire from the television. cannot really afford to buy another tau for my mom 🙂

when it storms, my bijli board normally cut off the electricity as well 😉

well if you feel as a consumer the company cheated you, you can surely go to consumer court. but i am pretty sure... you really cannot prove that sify is responsible for your PC damage. here is a guy you can contact:

http://www.ankurraheja.com/weblog/