Sify Broadband Alternative client - probably soon

• Thread starter Thread starter cweihrauch
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 17,062
Thanks for the Suggestion Google_Singh Ji. I will definitely put that in the next version.You are welcome Fred.I am taking up your suggestion sushubh and joining the forum 🙂

Joined. 😀

View attachment 62 I have got a problem with Easy Sify Now. Whenever I click on the easy sify’s desktop icon or another shortcut (when easy sify is not already running and when I have asked easysify to save my authentication info before), it logs me in but gives following error.

Originally posted by google_singh@Jan 2 2005, 05:26 PM
And the prom occurs only when the connection alive is enabled. I am on WIN ME
[snapback]3823[/snapback]
[/quote]

I haven't been able to simulate the error you have got.

This error that you have recieved comes up, when you try to send data using a closed or an uninitialised socket. I need you to answer the following:-

1) Did EasySify show you that have been logged in?
2) After how much time did this error pop up?
3) Was keep alive on from before or did you enable it when you ran the program?
4) I also need to see the status window when this error pops up? (Its hidden by the error pop up in your screen shot.)
5) Did the network fail (the network icon shows a cross when failed) when you recieved this error?

i have been running easysify for more than 2 weeks, and i haven't come across this error ever. So its quite strange.

Also, please guys, when you use the bug tracker, please remember to leave your name and email address. I cannot answer queries if you don't leave this information.

I would appreciate all bugs to be listed properly so i can release a bug free optimised version soon.

Thanks everyone.

is anyone facing this error?

Answers to bhaskar's question:1)and 2)Yeah the client went upto connected to sify bb msg....in red and then the error msg popped up after 1-2 seconds3) keep alive was enabled b44) This msg board isnt allowing me to upload a picture of size 16 kb....i cant get less than 11 kb....may be sushubh can increase the limit.....5 didnt get ur question??which icon r u referring to?

LAN icon is the one i referring too.its quite strange that this error is popping up with you.Disable Keep alive and see if it works.I have already started work on integrating some feature you guys have requested,like lower ram usage, scheduler, usage monitor, and ofcourse bug fixes.I am starting a new thread called improving easysify. You can post your requirements and bugs over there.

I too got this error once. I logged in using supersify and quit it without logging out, then i started easysify and it showed me logged in, after 5 seconds i got this error. I will take screenshots the next time it happens.
google_singh you can upload the screenshot at http://imageshack.us and post the link here.
maybe we should continue this discussion in the new easysify thread.