Sify Broadband Alternative client - probably soon

• Thread starter Thread starter cweihrauch
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 68
  • Views Views 17,073
Wow man.....that's wonderful.....Now I wanna know something...Can somebody explain me what is there in "Choose>options menu"Wat's the "keep connection alive"And wat's "keep alive timer delay"Probably bhaskar can best answe it himself.....but anyways gr8 work done dude

Well I dont know if the feature does exist in Easy Sify 1.0......but i want a feature where i can decide about the time after which my connection will auto log out after no data transfer from my end.....this is bcoz i hav a hourly connection

Originally posted by google_singh@Jan 1 2005, 06:42 PM
Wow man.....that's wonderful.....

Now I wanna know something...

Can somebody explain me what is there in "Choose>options menu"

Wat's the "keep connection alive"

And wat's "keep alive timer delay"

Probably bhaskar can best answe it himself.....but anyways gr8 work done dude
[snapback]3785[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hi, sorry i was busy with exams guys.

Thank you for your kind words people.

to Google_Singh Ji
The Keep Alive feature makes sure that your connection will stay logged in at altimes. During network failiure Sify automatically logs you out. Keep Alive will log you back in as soon as the network is restored. The timer delay is the interval b/w which EasySify checks to see if you are logged in or not. Currently its fixed at 60secs.

A scheduler will integrated in the next version, so you can schedule your login and logout times.

Email me if you have queries. You can use the bug tracker at the EasySify site for registering bugs.

Thanks again guys.

the login client that would give nightmares to mr. ramaraj 😛

Originally posted by power@Dec 20 2004, 09:57 AM
That link in first post was very helpful .I am trying to know sify authentication from some time and always thought what info is sent to login.php 😉
[snapback]3458[/snapback]
[/quote]

Who is mr ramraj?

Thanks Bhaskar Kishore Ji for ur prompt response.....and I wud like to congratulate u for getting us this neat softwareWell I needed three things from the Sify Login client1) login and logout from taskbar-> Easy sify does that2) Kill Sify Homepage-->>I needed it badly-->Is present in Easy Sify3) An optional feature that wud enable me to logout after a predetermined time of no data transfer....this wud help me save my precious hours in case of power failure or LAN promsThe last feature i think isnot there in easy sify.....but that I wud like to have it inOtherwise Easy Sify is far better thn Sify's BBClient.....I and i strongly recommend it.And btw I have another query....wat will happen if I disable the Connection alive feature? After how much time will I be logged out?

Originally posted by Sushubh@Jan 1 2005, 10:52 PM
ceo of sify! or let us say the guy running sify broadband 😉
[snapback]3799[/snapback]
[/quote]

lol..

To Google_Singh Ji

If you disable the Keep Alive Feature, you will logoff when the following events occur:

a) You logoff using explicitly.
B) Sify logs you off, from their end. (Read network outages, sify server resets etc. Nothing to do w/ your end.)

As for the 3rd feature... i will see what i can do. 🙂

More suggestions for next versions-1) Make something such that the icon in taskbar looks different or gets animated when logged in as compared to logged out.2) The only way to exit Easy sify is to kill it use Ctrl Alt Del.....make an option to exit it

@Bhaskar: I recommend you join the forum and start an exclusive thread on your login client. 🙂

just keep releasing updates to counter crap updates from sify as i expect them to implement them to outdo the client. it is VERY likely to happen very soon. 🙂thats the power of Open Source.