• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 17,467

avinds

Regulars
ISP
BSNL 900UL Plus
i was wondering why hasnt this "updated" client from sify come under scrutiny

Because nobody uses the official client anymore I guess ... anyway, whats new?

I stopped using the official client since I found out about the alternative clients. for all you know, sify may embed tracking trojans on their client.

Ditto .. my local sify page has only 2.52 ... could someone upload it here?Is there any update to the linux client?

which sam server r u on, i aint gettin 2.6 also :angry:

The local download pages still list the old clients.

However, 2.52 was "upgraded" to 2.53 via an automatic update process, and now I'm guessing that is upgraded to 2.6?

I don't know how this works exactly, I recall seeing some updgrde executables in the folder. The upgrade isn't working for me now, it keeps "failing", I'm sure these half wits don't know what patch needs to be sent, or something equally stupid.

See if you get anything on this page, replace the IP with your SAM IP.

http://210.210.4.75:81/bbandnew/chkremupgrade.php3

Well I get this message:

http://210.18.2.20:81/test/SifyBroadband_2.52.EXE|1675776|1|The Sify Broadband client will be auto updated to a higher version, Click OK to proceed.

my sam server is 202.144.108.246 (in bangalore)nothing new only"Introducing the new and improved Sify Broadband Dialer!Presenting to you the new look Sify Broadband Dialer! Your Sify Broadband Internet experience just got better with this new feature-packed Dialer, which will not only enable easy log in and browsing but also effectively address your connectivity related queries.Whats New?1)Easy-to-understand Troubleshooting messages that will help you identify and solve connectivity related issues. 2)A ‘Virus scan’ option that enables you to download and install useful virus scanning tools Access to Customer Care contact numbers when you are offline An updated and easy-to-navigate Help manual 3)An offline Renew option Log into Sify Broadband Now!! Have a fascinating Internet experience!"offline renewal is nothing but a link to ur cto profile where his phone and email is mentioned

i m not able to add attachmentsi m getting an eror saying The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachmentsbut the file size is only 7 kb

LOL.

For the life of me, I cannot understand these people.

I'm especially tired of how our internet experience gets better becuase of a new "Feature Packed Dialer"

Feature packed, my arse.

Something to be noticed is how everything revolves not about how you'll be happily surfing without being capped or disconnected, but how the new FPD (that's Feature Packed Dialer you n00b) will help you when your connection is not working.
Namely: Offline customer care numbers, Offline renewal, new Troubleshooter, Anti Virus downloader?, new Help manual.

I guess the "Easy to understand" troubleshooting messages have changed from Invalid Session: Error code -15 to Your session is Invalid, and so forth...
Yeah, right; and pigs can fly.

Avinds, dude thanks for the update. Hope sushubh fixes your attachment problems and you can post some pictures ... I can't wait to see the new FPD.

*infernalproteus is holding his breath

its weird. i am pretty flexible with attachment limits. i would give it a go again. 🙁

Umm, has the time on the board gone whacky? This was posted at 12:08pm

yes i hav noted it tooo :blink: , hav u given some desi daru to board aslo sushubh. :lol: btw i noticed that feeds r missing some message's 🙁 chek that also .