Sify at its worst

• Thread starter Thread starter juhitoy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,233

juhitoy

ISP
ADSL
Sify is only interested in making money by cheating general public. Of course reliance also stands next to sify in cheating public. Both these companies hide the inner details (fine print) and broad cast their products with interesting ads. So dont fall prey to these both brands.Even in dial ups they are the worst.I remember sify charging me Rs. 2000 for 200 hours dialup in addition to phone charges. Also their usage minutes counting is different. During day time they count one and half times your usage and there is no free time on sundays. And in addition to all this there is a port connection charge of 14 minutes deducted every time you get connected to sify. That means if you just connect to check your email and disconnect in 5 minutes, then you will be actually charged 24 minutes.Break down is as followsConnection charges - 14 minutesActual usage - 5 minutesDay time charges - 1 and 1/2 times - 7 1/2 minutes rounded to next tenths place = 10 minutes.So total charged = 14 +10 = 24 min.All the above things seems confused right ? Thats how sify is making money - by cheating customers with out explaining details.Later on I came to know about BSNL sancharnet and took that connection. They have night and sundays unlimited(Free time - no charges, just only dial up charges)Sify pack Rs.2000 for 200 hours with no free sunday and no free nights. Daytime charges 1 hour usage - 1 1/2 hours charged.BSNL pack Rs.1080 with free sundays and free nights 11.00 - 8.00 every day and on National holidays. Daytime charges 1 hour usage - 1 hour charged.When it comes to Broad Band, BSNL is again at its best.Unlimited downloads, full speeds of 256 garanteed. All this with low monthly costs.Its advisable to take BSNL which is offering the LOWEST rates in Broad band. Sify and reliance should not even name their service as Broad band as their speeds are less than 256. Only if their minimum speed is 256 then they have the right to name it as BROAD BAND. These two companies speeds start from 2 and upto only 256 (Max).BSNL speeds start from 256 and they go up. And their rates are very cheap compared to others. So far no one provider has given unlimited downloads (in terms of time and data transfer) for just Rs 500 month. BSNL has night unlimited downloads from 2.00 - 8.00. You can have your computer schedule your downloads during that time and download all that you want for FREE. No additional charges for any thing during that time all 7 days a week. Other providers are charging as much as Rs 25000 month for unlimited downloads.Following are the BSNL Broad band (Dataone) rates.Rs. 250 Limit 400 MB month. No free nights. - Good for only normal browsing and emails.Rs. 500 Limit 1000 MB (1 GB). Free nights (Unlimited downloads)Good for all your heavy needs.I advise you to take the 500 plan as it has unlimited night downloads. So dont renew your sify or reliance plans. Just quit them and take the BSNL and save money.Thank you.

Are u a bsnl employee??

ok 😛 But i think if its free download at night then it rocksBut not available in Mumbai :angry:

with increasing population and an already present 1 billion people... it might be tough for all the companies to have an omni presence in the indian market.

very informative juhitoy....heres my 2 cents,50 cents and other black rappers....Bsnl for 500 buks gives u a 256kbps line with limited downloads* (Unlimited at nites etc etc)here are other options for mumbai ppl....1. Hathway...has a good plan where for 400 buks u get 256kbps 8pm-8am (12hrs) only. (service is good tehre, no downtimes)they also have a unlimited plan (uncapped) 256kbps for 1 month where one pays 995.2. Exatt (which by far wht ive herd from friends has the best speeds and service....opinion mite differ from area to area...neways) has a similar package of 256kbps (uncapped) and they do not use a dialer like sify or 7 star or hathway...so..all you playstation2 owners (slim with a network adaptor) can play all your games online.yea...the 256 package is for 900 buks.unfortuatly i dont have either in my area..excpt sify and my sify cto himself is changing from sify to exatt...so i'd automatically change too. apparenlty tht idiot is waiting for the rains to get over..for some wiring...shessssh...neways..so yea, in conclution...even i feel u a BSNL emplyee lol.....j/k

Those dial-up plans mentioned in the first post suckkk. Dial-up gives slow speeds at the cost of gold. How can people still continue with it saying "I only check email". That's like saying "I only watch cable-TV to read the 5 minute news-ticker on news channels so charge me by the minute for it" 🙂.

@cowaxdude u forgot about Mtnl, 590 rs. 500MB/mnth unlimited downloads frm 0000hrs to 8 am at 256kbps speed