Sify 256k Unlimited Modified

• Thread starter Thread starter Jay1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,491

Jay1

Hey

I am from Colaba,Mumbai so I can't speak for the rest of the nation but the 256kbps Unlimited package is still up and running for me.

But Sify have very cheekily modified the terms of the package, which I realised only today.

If you go on the website, the "Pure Unlimited 256kbps" Package now gives you speeds of "UPTO 256kbps". What that means is during the day you will on average get a speed of 18-24kbps, unless the usage in your area is low, and at night you should get "faster speeds". That is what the technical team explained to me just a few moments ago on the phone.

So much for "Unlimited".

If I told any of my foreign counterparts that here in India we're fighting for 256kbps Unlimited, they'll laugh.

Good news for me is I'm heading to uni in Australia next year, where for 4000Rs I can get a 24MBPS connection with no download limit.

24MBPS means 2MBPS download speeds.

I think I just had an orgasm.

Haha :lol:

Glad u realised this so soon. Today I ordered for MTNL Triband 256 Kbps unlimited connection and I will be paying them just Rs 950 (approx) for this, which in Sify cost Rs 1125.

In that 950 do add modem rental of 80Rs + voice rental (minimum 99Rs) + 12.24% Service tax Which comes out at total of == Rs 1265Ha Ha Lolz Sify would stand out better on price front onlyAlthough with mtnl you would get a static ip address in that charge only along with a stable Dsl connection.

QUOTE(gavnitsingh @ Oct 12 2006, 07:06 PM) [snapback]65033[/snapback]
In that 950 do add modem rental of 80Rs + voice rental (minimum 99Rs) + 12.24% Service tax Which comes out at total of == Rs 1265

Ha Ha Lolz
Sify would stand out better on price front only
Although with mtnl you would get a static ip address in that charge only along with a stable Dsl connection.
[/b]

I dnt need a modem, since I have my own adsl modem, so here I save Rs 80

I dnt need that voice service, so there I save Rs 99

And the rest 12.24% service tax, I can afford that since I dnt have to worry for the downtimes anymore.

As for modem its ok you have it. However Lol how can you have connection without a voice plan remember it is not a combo plan and Mtnl currenly donot provide naked dsl.So How come??

Am I the only one pissed off by this plan or is everyone else just going to gossip about other plans?

QUOTE(cancer10 @ Oct 12 2006, 06:15 PM) [snapback]65023[/snapback]
Glad u realised this so soon. Today I ordered for MTNL Triband 256 Kbps unlimited connection and I will be paying them just Rs 950 (approx) for this, which in Sify cost Rs 1125.
[/b]

since when did mtnl triband start offering unltd plans?

i stay in mumbai & the site of triband tariff is:

Code:
http://mumbai.mtnl.net.in/triband/htm/tariff.htm#tariff
or is it only 4 delhi ppl??? :angry: