Sify 150MB limitation go to hell!!

• Thread starter Thread starter alto
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1,947

alto

ISP
BSNL
Are there any Sify customer? What pack do u use? Don't they get any problem because of the 150MB limitation. My usage just got past 150MB, it is 151.25MB actually and Sify has done the f****** thing. Can anyone keep an eye on how much it is being downloaded in every second? Is it really possible??? So much we all consumers are paying but getting a little. I am simply faded up. So much installation charge were given to get this but.....If I want to move on then where is to go, all ISPs are same.

As you are in Kolkatta, I advise you to get BSNL (if it is available over there, it should be), and get hooked on to this forum. If you have a good knowledge of routers and the working of your connection, you'll probably never need to turn to the customer care, and you'll be able to avail facilities of the most stable ISP of India at the same time.

You can't really accurately monitor a sify connection since they provider net over a lan and any program u use to count will also add lan traffic . Sify servers do not count this lan traffic though . Even if you browse alot you will hardly cross 150 mb limit in any way .. if you download alot then you can keep an estimate of how much you have downloaded 😛

So according to 'power' do not download at all at day time and stay awake for nights to download-simply ridiculous..

Thats the picture of broadband in our country. Good thing is Sify gives 10pm to 8am unlimited. Others like bsnl giving night- 2am -8ammtnl-12am-8amSchedule your downloads and turn off monitor, go to sleep. 🙂As Power said, yes even browsing a lot will hardly reach that 150 cap, downloading big files should be avoided in day time, i too download sometimes but I always keep an eye on my account by checking the customer details page by loggin off. Only bad thing about sify is their speed, though i get consistent speed, but 256kbps is very low compared to the big players.

So according to 'power' do not download at all at day time and stay awake for nights to download-simply ridiculous..

Yes this is really ridiculous but there is no way you can monitor accurate data transfer on sify unless you can filter out traffic from local ranges ( which i doubt if any dumeter like program does ) . And in places like where i stay the sify network is managed by same cto over a large area and you will be surprised how high lan traffic is even when pc is idle doing nothing ( windows netbios traffic from other pc's ,arp requests, fools scanning other ip ranges for fun 😛 ) .

Best way is to logout/login and check session's page .