Siemens Speedstream 6520 with Airtel broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter amitambika
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,740

amitambika

ISP
Airtel
I am having some peculiar problem with speedstream 6520 and my airtel connection.Till one week back everything was working fine and I was able to connect my laptop and other devices to the modem wirelessly.Then yesterday there was a problem and no internet connection could be established.I called the airtel heldesk and they asked me to reset the router and then guided me to the steps of setting it up again.Now my laptop is connected to the modem/router and I can browse the internet but now no other device like my phone or tablet can connect to the modem.Does any body know what could have gone wrong in the settings.Please help

If you are using Dialer Mode ( userid/PW entered in system window)Change over to PPPoE ("Always On") Enter userId/PW in wan page of Modem.Enable DHCP ( usually in LAN page )Enable UpnP box if seen in menu settings.checking your router details.Feedback.

I am not using the dialer mode.The mode being used is connect on demand.I dont have any LAN or WAN page for the modem.I only have the ISP connection and Home network.Under the home network I have options of configuring the Gateway IP network, Gateway server port,Gateway wireless network, and Upnp settings.Under Upnp Enable discovery and advertisment only (SSDP) option is ticked