Siemens C2110 Modem USB driver problem on Windows XP

• Thread starter Thread starter parijat
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 20,853

parijat

ISP
BSNL
BSNL has supplied SIEMENS C2110 Modem but the driver CD is showing error while installing USB driver. It shows that the operating system is unable to use the drivers. But the modem is working well with LAN connection. Can any one help me ? My System configuration is as follows :OS : Win XP SP2Processor : Intel pentium III 1.13 GHRAM 256 MBHDD 80 gb

@parijat Welcome to BroadbandForum.Please see similar threads listed below.( I also contributed some information )Unable to locate the web site for this "SiemensC2110", modem to upgrade firmware or USB drivers.BTW what is the error ?Uninstall all usb drivers. for this modem. Do not connect the modem to USB port.Insert the CD.Save the driver files to hard disk.Remove the Cd. Connect the modem. Restart the computer. Let XP detect it. ( or follow Add New Hardware )Follow the procedure.At one stage it may reject the USB driver/s as "not digitally signed by Windows."Update 1024 PM: Could you find out from the modem Pages what is the modem type ?( scan all pages. Specially in Update firmware you get the info as mentioned in earlier threads )

Please Can you send me the USB driver that BSNL have given for the ADSL modem, with the model SIEMENS C2110,

please send me in my email, or if u are posting it here the please send me a email also,
my email address is : wasimjee@gmail.com

Please , i will be really thankfull to You.

hai i got the seimens c2110 modm only today .it took me a while to figure out something wsa wrong with usb drivers ..i dont know whether this would be useful to u...let the system detect the modem and ask u for the drivers...sometimes(i think) the device detected is usb iad lan modem....then set the path to the cd .....and let it be installed it worked for me least this time....hope it does for u toooooo

I have taken BSNL Broadband connection on 16Apr2009 and I too was given Siemens C2110 Modem. When I tried to install the USB driver, I too faced the same problem. When I called BSNL customer care (through 1500 / 18004241600), their service person came and informed that usb driver is not getting installed due to faulty windows OS and set the connection through LAN port (ethernet port).Last weekend, I tried to explore why usb driver is not working. I created an empty partition and loaded Windows OS (Windows XP SP3) afresh. After loading Windows, before loading any other drivers, I connected the Siemens C2110 modem through USB port and I could set up the driver automatically without any error.Then, when I tried to load other drivers, I found that the driver for internal (dial-up) modem is not getting loaded and continue to remain as unknown deviceThus, I have found that there is conflict between drivers of internal modem and USB driver for Siemens C2110 modem and have come to conclusion that if anyone want to use this Siemens C2110 modem through USB port, one must uninstall and disable the internal modem first.

I have taken BSNL Broadband connection on 16Apr2009 and I too was given Siemens C2110 Modem. When I tried to install the USB driver, I too faced the same problem. When I called BSNL customer care (through 1500 / 18004241600), their service person came and informed that usb driver is not getting installed due to faulty windows OS and set the connection through LAN port (ethernet port).

Last weekend, I tried to explore why usb driver is not working. I created an empty partition and loaded Windows OS (Windows XP SP3) afresh. After loading Windows, before loading any other drivers, I connected the Siemens C2110 modem through USB port and I could set up the driver automatically without any error.

Then, when I tried to load other drivers, I found that the driver for internal (dial-up) modem is not getting loaded and continue to remain as unknown device

Thus, I have found that there is conflict between drivers of internal modem and USB driver for Siemens C2110 modem and have come to conclusion that if anyone want to use this Siemens C2110 modem through USB port, one must uninstall and disable the internal modem first.

Hey I am also using Nokia Siemens C2110 via the USB port. The driver did not get installed with the automatic set up with the CD. The only way to install this USB driver is to let Windows automatically detect the modem and then set the path for the CD. But no conflict for me as such !

oH it is very simple to install the usb driver of type1 modem but u have to be very carefull during install. follw the staps---1st if u have incomplete driver install uninstall it 1st
ok now use the driver cd or u can use the link to download the all kind of modem driver including type 1

C2110 ADSL MODEM (Type-A) MENU

ok now aftter use the driver cd u have to chose the C2110 then clcik set up

BUT REMEMBER DURING SETUP DO NOT CONNECT THE MODEM IN usb during install when computer will prompt u to connect the modem pls connect the modem then ,but not before now u will be able to install the modem i hope i am giving my mobile number to if u have still problem call me i will team viewer softwere to control ur desktop through net my number is 09903326456

@arnab147please send a Private Message to any one to whom you want to give your email address cellphone number etc. to avoid spam. Please edit your post and delete. Do not know who in this thread, needs your services.Always address as above @abcd etc .========================================================@adminIn this forum "Search" function is available referring all old threads .Better to close old threads with or without solutions after a month or so. or after say 30 or 40 posts. Most foreign forums follow this policy.And I wonder how many will read a thread having 100 posts from the beginning, find out who said what and then post their comments.