Sick and tired of getting duped by Airtel Delhi/NCR

ISP
Airtel
Hey allMy first post here 🙂Well, I have been using Airtel since about 9 years now (since the time it used to be Touchtel). Well, I was using a Rs 1099 (2 Mbps, unlimited) plan before FUP was introduced. When airtel introduced FUP, they changed my plan to 2 Mbps 10 GB limit, while charging me the same amount (Rs, 1099). However, this exact plan costs Rs. 999 on their website. So in effect, I am paying Rs, 100 extra to them every month. In Rs. 1099, i should actually be getting 4 Mbps speed at 10 GB FUP.For months I tried to get this corrected, but it didnt happen. So I decided to migrate the plan to a new one, which would then automatically solve the billing discrepancy. I put in a request to migration to a 4 Mbps 30 GB FUP plan back in September 2011. However, after waiting for 2 billing cycles, the migration didnot happen. After more than a dozen calls to their CC and 2 visits to their relationship centre, I was told that the plan could not be migrated because 4 Mbps was technically not feasible in my area (DLF Gurgaon). So then I told them to shift me to the 2 Mbps 30 GB FUP plan (as in , just increase my FUP limit). Waited for 2 more months (it was December now), but the migration didnot happen. I even talked to their nodal office thrice, and everytime they asked me to file a new request and they would do it. I was promised nearly 30 call back out of which exactly 0 happened. Once I was told by their nodal office that this plan was also not technically feasible. When I told them that I already had 2 Mbps speed and I just wanted to increase my FUP and theres nothing technically unfeasible with that, they sounded more confused than ever.Today, another billing cycle has passed and am still stuck with the same old wrong plan. Since about an year, I have been forced to Rs. 100 extra (which may not be a big amount, but is morally incorrect).Please advice me what should I do. I am at my wits end, because I am also not seeing any good broadplan with 1-2 Mbps speed at affordable rates and good service other than craptel. Tell me what to do and I will go ahead with it.RegardsRahulPS: I seem to have posted this in the wrong section. Mods please move it to the Airtel forum. My apologies for the mistake.

Known airtel practice. Threaten them with disconnection. Should work, or try contacting airtel presence, if all fails look for an alternative. Is you broadband available at your place? If not, have a look at bsnl, better fup as compared to airtel, quality of service will largely be dependent on how bsnl is in your neighbourhood.

abandon yourself Immediatly , looking at your story it seems like you have landed in "NO man's Land"advanced technology and growing market offerings have made human interferance lazy. no employee wants to take initiative untill the pressure perculates from top management.Airtel is suffering!

But the problem is lack of alternative options. MTNL has no presence in my area. You reviews doesnt look very good!Just got off a call to their customer care centre. They have 'promised' to respond back within the hour. Waiting for another hour then, will put in a request for DC after it lapses. Please suggest alternate options.

I'm talking about bsnl. They're present everywhere 😛 You is exceptional in sushant lok, so if you're around there somewhere, go for it by all means, though their cables hang from tree tops and stuff.What phase do you live in anyway ?

I am in DLF Phase III, near Neelkanth Hospital. I will try to contact You then. How are their post-sale services? And is BSNL any good than MTNL?

Mtnl operates only in Delhi and Mumbai, rest of India it's bsnl. Mtnl has fup free plans, bsnl's fup is better than AirTel's , and it's service has improved considerably over the past 2 - 3 years, if YOU isn't available, try out bsnl for a month and see how it goes .

So, just talked to the You Broadband CC and they seem to be available in my area. Can you suggest me a plan? I was looking at "you hurricane" which gives 12 Mbps Upto 25 GB, thereafter 1 Mbps. But 12 Mbps? Is that even possible here?

I've seen it a friend's place, he gets the entire 12 mbps, but there are threads on the forum of people getting barely 5mbps on 12 mbps plans, worth a try anyway.