shud ESPN and star cricket give us money back?

• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 4,432

amish

Star gazer
I got banned!
ISP
MTNL Mumbai BB_600 @12mbps
ok this i wanted to write from long back.we pay for those channels. but what did we get during 20-20?after every over last ball is not shown properly and ad pops up. sameway first ball is not shown properly. so we can say 1 ball every over is not shown properly = 40 balls not shown properly in match.plus everytime wicket falls, replay is not shown properly as again ad is popped in. approx 15 wickets per match = 15 balls.so abt 55 balls are not shown properly. which is more than 9 overs not shown properly in 40 over match.obviously we paid for cricket not ad. and they didnt show cricket properly.so do we have right to ask for money back?any1 from TRAI reading? cricket shown on tv needs to be regulated.

This time I agree that ESS cricket quality sucked. While I was supporting them, they stabbed me in the back. It is time all sports channels either became complete pay channels minus adverts or complete free-to-air channels. This trishankhu status is absolute crap.

There are two solutions, if these guys are interested.1. Start a parallel ESPN premium channel - pay more. no ads.2. Allow Pay-Per-View option for tournaments and individual matches. Tournaments can be priced at 50-100 bucks and individual matches at 5-10 bucks. Again no ads. Even if 20,000 subscribers across both dth providers go for the tournament option, they get a revenue of approx 1-2 million rupees.I don't know how much they will lose coz of ad rates going down.

pay per view would be fantastic if the prices are reasonable and the technology is implemented correctly. from what i know zee's pay movies concept can turn into a nightmare. people reported on the forum that they ordered one movie but were billed for eight of them...of course they would fix the error if you argue and give proof. but this is not the way to handle things.telephone and broadband bills already are a mess affair. you have to check them for mistaken charges and get them corrected. if this happens with all the bills i get i would work less and argue more.i am waiting for my airtel broadband bill. i have a feeling that they would be putting a 30 rupee charge for caller tunes which i never ordered. i know i am in for a fight at the billing counter. and if this was not enough, my recent shopping experience at spencer's was disappointing. the idiots charged me 45 rupees for a cornflake box which had a mrp of 40 rupees. i found the error totally by coincidence and complained. the dude responded that the price seems to be filled incorrectly in their system and i can take any other item worth rs. 5 from the store as he cannot give me back the cash... totally unacceptable situation. shopping at retail stores is no longer a satisfying experience even with computers around.

heh crabtree. if they want to waste they money. then let them.unless customers protest by boycotting the brands which makes a mess of television viewing, nothing is going to change anyways.TRAI would be looked as an evil entity if they start interfering with advertising during cricket matches.

Yes. The TRAI should stay away. Lobbying with it is of no use. One should stay away from all regulators, directorates, bureaus, departments and controllers. They make situations worse.The reason ESS earned so much is coz it knew people are going to stick with it even if it shows only 4 balls an over. People are not not (sic) going to see the final just coz of some irritating ads. They might talk about it later on. But, finally it is only talk. Advertisers realise that and have capitalised on the situation. Can't blame them.The ideal thing would be for someone to start a competing channel which focuses on great quality. But such a channel will have to price itself at a premium coz of content costs. The problem is idiots like Neo, Zee and DD have floored the market for quality content. Even ESS seems to have lost its morals in this process. TRAI doesn't help by placing 5 rupee caps on channels. How can we even begin to compare crap like Star Plus and SAB with something like Sony Pix, HBO or ESS (unfortunately, of the past).The questions to be asked are:1. What do people want?2. How much are they willing to pay for it?

ICL wont have so much ads?! its purely professional and officially to earn money by entertainment.BCCI even though earns a lot of money, AFAIK its supposed to be non-profit organization.

I wish someone could write an AdBlock extension for teevees... 😀 changes the channel or mutes the box when an ad is played. Doesnt solve the problem but reduces the pain...

once that is invented...............TV ad numbers will drop and sponsors wont pay.What will we get to watch without the money earned from ads????? 😛

tivo i think became popular coz of that reason. and now they are the ones implemnet non skippable ads 😛