Show Us What U Got !

• Thread starter Thread starter cyberwiz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 6,857
humm me getting 204 KB/s on link-removed.comdesitorrents == 170-199 KB/sdemonoid == 80-199 KB/s

@ aboveu again on 2 mbps ?????yea u do llegal stuff frm desitorrents ? 😛h34r: 😛

Na i just forgot i was using netlimiter so was getting 25 KB/s lolNow i am back on 1.6 Mb lolILegal ?? wat does that means! 😱

this is something really strange. last nite i checked the speed at 11 pm and found that i was getting 210 KBps. i was happily waitin for midnite to start downloading (am on 590nu 😀). to my surprise i was again getting really bad speeds, this time it was like 25-30 KBps!! 😱 now today morning i get up to check my speeds, and what do i find?? again im getting full speed!!can someone plz explain me wht exactly is goin on? :blink:

QUOTE(MtnlPacked @ Mar 20 2007, 09:07 AM) [snapback]83941[/snapback]
Na i just forgot i was using netlimiter so was getting 25 KB/s lol

Now i am back on 1.6 Mb lol

ILegal ?? wat does that means! 😱[/b]

:lol: wat u understand is exactly wat i meant 😛

QUOTE(viralbug @ Mar 20 2007, 10:39 AM) [snapback]83943[/snapback]
this is something really strange. last nite i checked the speed at 11 pm and found that i was getting 210 KBps. i was happily waitin for midnite to start downloading (am on 590nu 😀). to my surprise i was again getting really bad speeds, this time it was like 25-30 KBps!! 😱 now today morning i get up to check my speeds, and what do i find?? again im getting full speed!!
can someone plz explain me wht exactly is goin on? :blink:[/b]

they want to burn up ur MBs as soon as possible so that they can charge u for the extra MBs and don't give u any extra speed at the free times 😛

Still it is good if they are providing 2mbps in daytime and 256 in night. Atleast they could taste 2mbps

Lot depends on:1. How far away you are from the telephone exchange2. What sites you are trying to access3. When you are trying to accessmy experience plus thoughts:If you are far away from your telephone exchange, not much hope. I have two connections - one at home, 256 Kbps and one at work, 512 Kbps.When tested using MTNL speed tester, at home I get 1.8 Mbps easily and consistently from the 256 Kbps connection, while at work I get 600 - 800 Kbps maximum. The ADSL synch speed at home is 2 Mbps, at at work the ADSL synch speed is 6 Mbps ( 6 possibly because I keep complaing abt the speed 🙂)My home is less than a km from the exchange. My work place is around 3 kms from the exchange. This possibly explains the anomaly. Interestingly, at home when I check the speeds using speedtest.net or similar sites around the world, in most cases I get speeds of 1.6 - 1.7 Mbps, while at work I get 200 -400 Kbps.The combination of the time of the day, and the site also matters a lot. Peak time in India, the site in India - speed will be low; peak time in India, site in some country which is in the non-peak time, average speed because ISP bandwidth used up by too many persons in India; lean time in India, peak time for the target site - average speed; and so on.

QUOTE(coolbuddy_79 @ Mar 21 2007, 01:27 AM) [snapback]84038[/snapback]
they want to burn up ur MBs as soon as possible so that they can charge u for the extra MBs and don't give u any extra speed at the free times 😛[/b]
i think ur right!!
i checked my balance and found out that i had used all of my mb's!! this is for the first time!! 😱 ill hav to be a bit carefull for a few days.

speeds are varying a lot in the day. last nite i again downloaded at full speed. 🙂
but now the speeds are slow again. 🙁

^^^
No dude, not possible in MTNL. They don't have any automatic speed regulation system. All speeds are changed manually. If you were downloading on torrents, probably you were getting low speeds because of less seeders or if you have limited your upload to a small value... (If you do so, many of the peers ban you).

Or the variability may be due to a bad SNR Margin (probably).

And ya, if you use Firefox, then you can use DataFox to keep a watch on your bandwidth, without having to open the silly & crappy MTNL site.

^^^ i know mtnl cant do that, i was just kiddin.SNR Margin 29 12 dB Line Attenuation 21 46 dB Data Rate 2013 260 kbps i guess these are ok.i never check my bandwidth. usually i only download very few things in the day time untill the end of the month and then use the remaining mb's on the last day. will try datafox though, have heard quite about it.