Should Sachin Tendulkar Retire From International Cricket?

• Thread starter Thread starter rame_pet
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 8,321
bring kapil dev back to the team then. why not bring sunil gavaskar back?accountability. i just want that. just because you have been somebody that does not mean you are still somebody.

Dude he scored 41 hundreds! Thats not a joke. And that too with an average of 44.You think players like yuvraj are match winners by just playing some innings! Just check there statistics. Sehwag and Yuvraj has average of just 30's odd means they are not consistent. He play his shots because the upper order sets the stage for him. He also contributes with his bowling which most of the times we ignore.Do you want such players who plays some short innings with some sixes like Uthappa, raina and karthik and then are failures for most of the matches.True colour will come when they will face class bowlers.If we keep on chopping and changing players with some bad matches then after every 6 monts will have new team.Even look at Sourav, he was not in that good form when he was again included in team but he performed.That shows "Class is permanent, form is temporary". And that too counts for Sachin.Also remember Sachin has won the most number of man of the match awards in this world and he has been the top scorer in WC he played.

well, no one is doubting his capabilities or his achievements here...i guess it's high time that he should retire and retire in pride...not like when no one wants him in the team...that's why if he retires right now, then it's good for everyone...no one (or at least me) is saying that he's not worth to be in the team 🙂

^^very well said....yes but the question is do we have an equal replacement for Tendulkar?I want him to retire with pride ....but as long as the team is benefited from him ...can we just say ...goodbye!

He will retire when he wants to, he has earned that after all these years of playing excellent cricket for india.So stop irritating the poor guy and let him play his game 😛

this world cup should be set as the platform for all the old horse in the team to prove their worth. none of the sachin/saurav/rahul are expected to play in the next world cup. this should be their last. and if they fail in this world cup. say adios to these oldies. no use dragging on and on and on. cricket is the only game where india excel to some extent. and in this sport too we are never sure to perform well on the global platform. stop treating the players as god. make them accountable. think about the future not of the past.

We are not treating Sachin like God. Whenever we get chance our govt puts him under scanner like others for taxes.He also give lots of charity to organisations without getting highlited in press like Steve Waugh who calls lots of press while doing charity work.And anyway, don't you think no one has such a record like Sachin. There is no one who has performed every year in his carreer. We should support such great players in there bad times.Such diamonds comes in a millenium.

Sachin's 93 against South Africa was his 200th 50+ score in international cricket..80 in Tests & 120 in Onedays...I was wondering how come that was not highlighted along with 15000 mark crossing news.
Well ,there are two ways of looking it
The Supporters will say what a remarkable achievement whereas the critics will say that shows he has been around for too long without achieving much for the team.
Anyway this debate will continue till he retires.....

Refer for Stats
Cricinfo - Players and Officials - Sachin Tendulkar

There are only three ST innings that I remember and all of them are from 1998-99. The first two are the Sharjah odis where he broke the back of the Australian bowling in two successive games. The last one is the Indo-Pak Test match in Chennai where he brought us so close to victory that I could have cried. VP & Co. could not make those last 9-12 runs and Pakistan won the game.I don't care if he plays for another 10 years or retires tomorrow. But the Sachin of the 90's is gone. Nobody is afraid of him anymore. When everybody says he is the best or one of the best batsmen today, I think they do it so as to not hurt his feelings.The BCCI and its subsidiaries couldn't care less about cricket. Everything still goes on like it has always been. The selection on performance basis thing that floats around is rubbish. There is no way anybody is going to drop Sachin at least for another year or two. As his aura diminishes, he will realise it and quietly retire.Or he might just surprise us all and display a different side of his game. Either case will only benefit Indian cricket.

BTW, he played pretty well yesterday! (And was the Man Of The Match)P.S: Not that I don't insist on his getting retired