Should I take You Broadband in Chennai?

ISP
Aritel
Hi,
I have been using Airtel 4 Mbps for almost 6 years now. Things I like about them is their stability and customer service.

Now I got a YOU Broadband brochure which says it gives 40 Mbps for just 1460 and a high FUP limit. Should I go for it? I am a heavy internet user and I require the internet whole day so I am wondering if it is worth it?

Thanks

get you broadband. keep airtel on a smaller package for a month or two for backup. after a few months decide if you want to keep airtel for backup or you on its own can fulfill your needs.

Have you used their service ? Are they good?

I don't want to waste my time getting it if the connection is unstable. There are reviews about it here but I want some latest feedback on them 😛

so you believe that their quality of service would be uniform through the country?

so you believe that their quality of service would be uniform through the city? 😛

Being a customer of you telecom for 3 months, I had complaint 4th august due to connectivity failure but they didn't resolve the problem until after a month. While calling customer care they giving irresponsibility answer. Now I taken tikona broadband connection its running without any issue so far. one day I had problem in connectivity I called them and immediately they came and resolve the problem.Please people don't waste your money with these people.

I live in Chennai -Chetpet area and would like to share my experiences
I have been using You for the past 1 year and am currently on 40 mb/sec plan. My experience has been quite pleasant so far. just a few disruptions over the past 1 year. We have to remember that the connection is through optical fiber which runs overhead and is liable to get cut. Last week a tree fell at the corner of my avenue snapping the fiber and it took 48 hrs to get connected again. You broadband also sends sms whenever there is a known service disruption and the approximate time taken for repair. i faced a lot of resistance initially as i live in an independent house and they had to draw the fiber for a long distance. the usual excuses of lack of fiber cable, we have placed the order, etc etc
Even now they are prompting me to get my neighbors take up their connection. i have a Airtel connection as a backup. Airtel rarely has any disruption as their cables run underground. Incidentally Airtel refused to provide me with a FTH connection.

I live in Chennai -Chetpet area and would like to share my experiences
I have been using You for the past 1 year and am currently on 40 mb/sec plan. My experience has been quite pleasant so far. just a few disruptions over the past 1 year. We have to remember that the connection is through optical fiber which runs overhead and is liable to get cut. Last week a tree fell at the corner of my avenue snapping the fiber and it took 48 hrs to get connected again. You broadband also sends sms whenever there is a known service disruption and the approximate time taken for repair. i faced a lot of resistance initially as i live in an independent house and they had to draw the fiber for a long distance. the usual excuses of lack of fiber cable, we have placed the order, etc etc
Even now they are prompting me to get my neighbors take up their connection. i have a Airtel connection as a backup. Airtel rarely has any disruption as their cables run underground. Incidentally Airtel refused to provide me with a FTH connection.

How about download in torrents and " List of Blocked Websites - You Broadband " ?

Hi, i must eat my own words as to the reliability of YOU broadband. My fiber was snapped 10 days ago and repeated reminders have served no purpose.i did not even get a call for courtesy sake nor an acknowledgement of the problem. i am so frustrated. i have asked them to terminate the connection.

I would suggest avoiding copy pasting same shit again and again because that would result in an obvious ban.