Should I switch to Reliance Jio Fiber or stick to Hathway?

• Thread starter Thread starter Alvord12
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 8,782

Alvord12

Internet Lurker
ISP
Jio Fiber
I'm currently using Hathway (DOCSIS 3.0) in Mumbai with 50 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up, truly unlimited no FUP, for INR 1,036 per month (including taxes).

Jio Fiber is now available in my society and their 100 Mbps speed seems very tempting, however I'm not a fan of the data limits being offered.

Since Hathway is now owned by Jio, is it worth switching to Jio Fiber? Has anyone here done that?

I'd really appreciate your thoughts regarding this!

I will say stick with it. Jio fiber plans are still shitty. Sooner or later, the introductory and the lockdown benefit would go away. Then, you will be stuck with 200GB limit assuming you will go for the silver plan. That will get exausted in just days if you are used to unlimited fup.

To be honest not much difference while browsing n most online stuff with 50 to 100mbps jump except for dl big files.
And what good is 100mbps if you can use all your fup in one day and be back to 1mbps ?!
And 1mbps is really painful wrt 50mbps.

@Alvord12 Simple, if you want to get premium OTT apps subscription which they are providing under Silver plan (₹1003/month), you must switch to Jio Fiber.
@erkupls These plans will definitely be revised anytime soon. But as of now, the plans doesn't look bad at all. If you opt for Silver plan, you will get minimum of 650 GB/month which certainly is not a small data. Also it comes along with OTT subscriptions of various apps and a landline connection. Now what else you expecting for this amount?

P.S. - There is difference between a need and a greed.😉

^
I understand that but you don't only think about what they are offering now. You also have to think about the after sales services. Some people might opt for Fiber thinking they will use the same ISP for 5-10 years. At the moment, Jio Fiber has not earned the trust that they will be consistent with their service or plans. Their customer service is not the best and their plans are still very ambiguous and unclear. Not to mention their shady upload cap to 1/10 of the download speed and not being disclose about it to every customer beforehand.

The "high" data cap they are offering now is only a gimmick and good if you opt for semi-annual or annual plans. What about people who don't want to commit or trust Jio's customer service so they only want to opt for monthly payment? What if Jio removes the lockdown benefit the very next month? Nobody knows. That will leave you will only the 200gb benefit which is nothing if you are offering OTT services. In the end, you will end up going back to the previous ISP and it has all become a waste of money and time.

I'm currently using Hathway (DOCSIS 3.0) in Mumbai with 50 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up, truly unlimited no FUP, for INR 1,036 per month (including taxes).

Jio Fiber is now available in my society and their 100 Mbps speed seems very tempting, however I'm not a fan of the data limits being offered.

Since Hathway is now owned by Jio, is it worth switching to Jio Fiber? Has anyone here done that?

I'd really appreciate your thoughts regarding this!
Switch to jio and use 199 plan.