Should i port from idea to airtel postpaid?

• Thread starter Thread starter Toocool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,246

Toocool

Addicts
ISP
airtel
I HAVE IDEA, my wife has airtel(delhi -ncr),i know it sounds like stupidity but what i beleive in is that airtel is better than idea in terms of plans etc though i hate airtel but i dont love idea either, i mean it doesnt matter , because all companies are infact on one side and customer is on another, so it really doesnt matter, should i port or not??what are the benifits or problems? thanks

Idea is good, much better than airtel if you ask me. Very responsive to complaints et al. Are airtel's plans really better than idea's ? If so, which one ?

well i remember when airtel launched rs 98 gprs pack with 1 or 2 gb limit, i called up idea, they didn't have it, later after some months they started, i mean idea is just a stupid follower of the ****tel , that's what i have noticed, they didn't even had 1 paisa /sec pulse plans, just now they have started. in that sense , i think ****tel may be a tad bit better.

They certainly haven't introduced pay per second in recent times, its been quite a long time.The only drawback I believe is that idea hasn't updated its 3G plans. No longer on idea so I've no clue about this though.

well i am talking about when i talked to them after introduction in the market, they still didnt have it, infact they never launch plans right away ,when a competitor launcheswhat provider u are on now????

Well, that might be true. Pay per sec has been in the market for a long time now.

I'm on mtnl now. Trust me, if you can live with the ocassional call drop while on 2G, there's nothing like it. Pure no nonsense service. Use it through the month, And this how they bill you :-

Alright. Just figured out how awesome their postpaid billing mechanism is. The thing is when you subscribe; to a data pack, say I've subscribed to the 250 bucks pack which gives 1.2GB. Now, they add 250 to the bill as fixed charges. But while giving discount, they convert the 1.2 GB to rupees and subtract it from your bill. Now, since I've only used 200mb data for the entire month, they charged me 200 bucks and subtracted 1200 😛. As a result, despite making loads of calls, my total outstanding is only 60 bucks.

And to add to that, despite whatever they mention on their website, my experiments tell me that they don't charge roaming on post paid

Rest is up to you 😉 😛

Hey,
I think Airtel has much better network then any other networks. And if you want to port your number from Idea to Airtel then definitely go for that. But there is only one problem with porting your number and that is if you do not like the service then you can not change your network again at least for 3 months.