• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,170
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Mtnl Mumbai
Hello friends,

I am facing lots of problems from my MTNL broadband service at my area, and the other alternative remains is reliance broadband.

Can anyone help me with the following queries,
1. can i use my current router D-Link dsl-2750u with reliance?
2. do they provide landline as well
3. how is the censorship on reliance have they blocked all torrent sites and others...
4. do they live up to the promised speed
5. if any issues faced related to network wire and connectivity, do they resolve in a quick time frame?

Mtnl cc and latency is certainly better.

1. Not recommended.
2. Yes, but optional.

For rest of the questions @chromaniac is the man.

1. Use the modem Reliance gives you. Get a decent wireless router of your own.
2. Yes. It's optional. You can save money by not taking it. Sales person might force you to get it. You can get it disabled at a later stage.
3. Reliance DNS was blocking access to aljazeera.com when I got connected. I have generally not see any major site blocked otherwise. I always keep a paid VPN connection so this does not usually bother me. I try to access all such sites through vpn for privacy.
4. Most of us get 3.2-3.4mbps on the 4mbps plan.
5. The biggest problem on my connection is the power backup on their local gateway which fails from time to time. Local people do not respond to complaints. Complaining with call center does not help. I have to send multiple complaints through all support channels to get it repaired. Could take a few days. Could take a few months. There are no guarantees of service delivery.

So. I am currently going through the period I described in point 5 above. Internet has been going down in the morning between 10-12am (for the last week) but it used to come back up after an hour or two of downtime. But it never came back yesterday and it has been down since then. So I have been without proper internet access since 11am yesterday. And it is unlikely to come back till morning. And it might not even come back then if the company and their employees ignore my complaint like they did yesterday and today. I got so frustrated earlier today that I applied for a plan change on my backup line. I had already consumed the 5GB data on it few days ago when Reliance was down for a few hours. 512kbps is just painful. Airtel could have done the nice thing by changing my plan on priority but looks like they would only process my request tomorrow. Would send them another reminder in the morning.

Since @Filikili is reading this thread. Let me update it. After around 3 days of downtime and sending tens of complaints... They finally get a team together to fix the broken DLC. They also fixed the power backup at that time. And since then I have had zero downtime. And this is likely to continue till the power backup breaks again. Which would happen in a few weeks/months. But for the time being, I do get ultra reliable connectivity. Only problem being random logouts as something is wrong with my settings that runs the autologin script permanently in the background on my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.